Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC False Positive?

swimpunk

Unhappy KAC False Positive?

April 8th, the KAC Module on the server thought I was cheating and banned me. Immediately following, the dreaded "cannot verify steam ticket ui" error reared it's ugly head.
    I followed normal procedure to fix, and remove client.blob, steamui.dll and steamclient.dll, then restarted Steam. However I was still banned.

I submitted a protest, and was contacted by Mama, but she told me KAC was a separate system and there's nothing she can do. With her direction (thanks Mama!) I posted a forum on the KAC site, where Kigen (and his php script Check for a ban) confirmed that I'm not on the global ban-list. You can view the conversation here Kigen's Anti-Cheat • View topic - False Positive?

As Kigen suggested, I'm now appealing on the server forums. I know the correct place is via the banlist, but since I can't add to my earlier protest, yet have new information, I thought the forums might be an appropriate area to lobby my plea.

I feel I'm a respected player on the gun game server, have never cheated, and have no intention of ever cheating. Considering the positive comments and feedback N\U's admins have had for the plugin, and the fact that the plugin didn't add me to the global ban-list, something seems fishy about the whole ordeal.

I'd like to request that someone with the authority check the KAC logs to see what caused the ban, and if anything looks out of the ordinary. I know cheaters ruin the game for everyone, and I value the service that KAC provides, as it makes a server that's more fun, and easier to maintain. However no code is bug-proof, and I think given the circumstances, some further investigation is warranted.

Thanks for taking the time to read my novel of a post.

Immigrant

No code is bug proof. The testing with this code is 99.999% accurate. Hopefully, you didn't get banned for hacking.

Kill_stardotstar

I was banned at the exact same time....

Ban Details
    Player iKill*.*_ No Demos
    Steam ID STEAM_0:1:5728401
    Steam Community 76561197971722531
    IP address 24.240.186.161
    Invoked on 04-08-09 00:32
    Banlength Permanent
    Expires on Not applicable.
    Reason Cheating. KAC ID:5.16
    Banned from N/U [ 24/7 GunGame ] 100TIC [Stats]
    Total Bans 1 (search)
    Blocked (1) iKill*.*_

swimpunk

Lightbulb More Research

I was checking a few things and it looks like in the public KAC code v1.1.8, error 5.16 accuses my sv_gravity of not being the same as what the server wants.

Siosios, can you confirm if you're using the KAC code 1.1.8 out-of-the-box, or did you make changes? If you made changes, does a 5.16 still correspond to sv_gravity?

If I can verify what variable KAC thinks was off, I can go to Steam and ask them what causes the "verify steam ticket ui" error, and perhaps figure out what happened to this variable.

Also, is there a way to check the logs and see what map had just started when I was banned? If it's a gravity issue, I'm curious if the server changed the gravity on a map (for example scouts & knives), and my client didn't get the update for some reason (like steam was borked).

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

just kinda curious........ the map change? was it from scoutsknives to something else??? cause whenever you rtv that map or it changes from that map there is low grav on the next map as well for a few seconds... never really thought about this until now

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

kac is the standard 1.1.8 with no mods. the author spoke about the gravity issue somewhere in his thread for the plugin which is not favorable for people banned by KAC.

post a thread on the sourcemod forums concerning this ban and see what he has to say.

thanks
    sio
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

------------------------------------------------
    \\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

Immigrant

If I'm right, we run 24/7 scoutz knivez with it as well and if the player's gravity doesn't match the servers, the ban goes. This only happens with a program changing the client side. I'm sure Kigen will check it out

Sexiest Motha Fucka Alive N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:12305032

If I get banned from KAC. I'm gonna visit this "Kigen" guy IRL. I'd be pissed.
    GL tho Swim. Hope you can play soon!
    DD [r] иα∂ιαٿ: and your pretty damn hot...just saying

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Rey.png[/img][/url]
    [IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/jordan09starmer/900_rey.gif[/IMG]

IceBitch

try it now love? see if you can get in the server, ikill you too. post here if it did not work. if no work. i tryed everything i could do. sorry boys i know for a fact Swim you are a straight kid. sorry this shit happened to you. Hope it works
    Love Mama

Kill_stardotstar

I am able to get back in, thanks guys
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    so, do you know why it banned us both?
    Last edited by Kill_stardotstar; 04-10-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information