Did you pay via a linked bank account or from a credit/debit card attached to your paypal account?

I know that when you link a bank account to them you have to "verify" your bank account (when I signed up like 5 years ago it used to be that they put 2 small deposits into your bank account and you had to verify the amounts, not sure if it is still the same). That said, I'm not positive what the problem would be but I will say that if something hasn't cleared in over a week (today should be 5 business days not counting columbus day) then you may want to call either paypal and/or your bank.

I have paid through paypal from both an attached bank account and a cc and it always shows up (the auth on bank / cc statement) either instantly or within the next business day for me. I can't be too much more help but if its been this long, I would probably call them.

** edit ** - also, for reference, all of the payments I've made for donations to this site have hit instantly as well as a follow up email from paypal.