Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Change of server name. Knife Game!

fearmeh

Quote Originally Posted by DoT View Post
    Got it
    shouldnt it be majority vote
    im sorry but if the majority of the server wants knife rounds then the other players dont have to be here get what im saying there isnt a problem with the admins abusing the knife round power we the community ask for the knife rounds and we deserve the knife rounds if we want them right?

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

ill make it a knife server in a few mins then.
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

\\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

fearmeh

im not saying that lol but i do love knife rounds im just saying that the QQer im not saying any names has to be a QQer and get his way.

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

I wasnt complaining about knife rounds.... I was just saying sometimes they go on for way to long..... that admins should only do them a few times a map then say no and stop.... dont do entire maps of nothing but knife rounds....

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

This post keeps going on. I actually agree with Shnarf on this. It gets carried away, and it gets carried away a lot. Some people love knife rounds (myself included) but I even start hating knife rounds when one of our admins puts up a vote on every map. It was fun at first, but it is getting a bit redonkulous.
    More over though, I think it's more of a mentality shift that is behind the whole thing. When I started as an admin however long ago, you played, enjoyed yourself and used your "powers" when needed. It was fun, a good time was had by all. So what is different now?
    The difference is that instead of admins being there to facilitate game play, the admins are taking an active role and dictating game play (knife rounds, 1hp glock matches, etc). I was taught and trained that as an admin, you sit and play the game and just basically keep it moving, get rid of hackers, bump people in the right direction (not literally w/ slap) when they start spamming or camping, and make sure that a bad apple or two don't spoil the fun for the rest.
    What that translated to in the game was that the game goes on like it is meant to, and the regs have fun, we don't have all the issues we've seen lately in GG w/ admin abuse complaints (just because it's fun for you doesn't mean everyone likes it). Now we have brand new admins that are all set up on Admin B status and have abilities from the start that they need to "grow" in to. It's rediculous to me that a new admin on day one has the balls to use sm_slap @all with everyone, but at the end of the day, its indicitive of how it has been.

Lastly before I shut up I'll say that I have also seen a lot more admin applications for GG recently since this has happened. Take it for what it is worth, but when people love the servers, the community and the game, they will pay for Admin and enjoy it and do thier job the right way.. However, more people are intersted when they can dick around with their admin powers all day and slap people around and such. Take it for what it's worth.

I too just get a bit tired of coming to the boards and seeing something about admin abuse and having it be an issue on GG server again. And the unfortunate thing is that a lot of times, it's pretty accurate.
    Last edited by rjk83; 04-05-2009 at 04:06 PM.

HlStats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjk83 View Post
    This post keeps going on. I actually agree with Shnarf on this. It gets carried away, and it gets carried away a lot. Some people love knife rounds (myself included) but I even start hating knife rounds when one of our admins puts up a vote on every map. It was fun at first, but it is getting a bit redonkulous.
    More over though, I think it's more of a mentality shift that is behind the whole thing. When I started as an admin however long ago, you played, enjoyed yourself and used your "powers" when needed. It was fun, a good time was had by all. So what is different now?
    The difference is that instead of admins being there to facilitate game play, the admins are taking an active role and dictating game play (knife rounds, 1hp glock matches, etc). I was taught and trained that as an admin, you sit and play the game and just basically keep it moving, get rid of hackers, bump people in the right direction (not literally w/ slap) when they start spamming or camping, and make sure that a bad apple or two don't spoil the fun for the rest.
    What that translated to in the game was that the game goes on like it is meant to, and the regs have fun, we don't have all the issues we've seen lately in GG w/ admin abuse complaints (just because it's fun for you doesn't mean everyone likes it). Now we have brand new admins that are all set up on Admin B status and have abilities from the start that they need to "grow" in to. It's rediculous to me that a new admin on day one has the balls to use sm_slap @all with everyone, but at the end of the day, its indicitive of how it has been.

Lastly before I shut up I'll say that I have also seen a lot more admin applications for GG recently since this has happened. Take it for what it is worth, but when people love the servers, the community and the game, they will pay for Admin and enjoy it and do thier job the right way.. However, more people are intersted when they can dick around with their admin powers all day and slap people around and such. Take it for what it's worth.

I too just get a bit tired of coming to the boards and seeing something about admin abuse and having it be an issue on GG server again. And the unfortunate thing is that a lot of times, it's pretty accurate.

well spoken and thank you. as of today i am going through and limiting ALL admins cmds on gungame to just the very basics... map votes, slay,and last but not least admin chat.

got a problem with this then i suggest we have an admin meeting next sunday and ill start removing the admins and jr-owners that are not doing the right thing with the servers. just becuase you donate doesnt mean you have the right to do whatever you fucking feel like.

thats my end of it.

siosios

\\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by siosios View Post
    well spoken and thank you. as of today i am going through and limiting ALL admins cmds on gungame to just the very basics... map votes, slay,and last but not least admin chat.

got a problem with this then i suggest we have an admin meeting next sunday and ill start removing the admins and jr-owners that are not doing the right thing with the servers. just becuase you donate doesnt mean you have the right to do whatever you fucking feel like.

thats my end of it.

siosios
    That should be a big help.

I don't enjoy knife rounds, because it is basically gang bang city, but I tolerate it when a vote has been done. However, the vote for knife rounds has often been spammed every round until it passes (sometimes switching the order of the options, as to trick someone into saying yes), and I usually just end up leaving for another gun game server.

I even started creating a knife map so that it might be limited to only that map, and allow it to be less of a cluster fuck of gang-bangs.

Also, I think the ranking system has brought about some what of a negative change in the gun-game atmosphere. I even found myself caught up in it. I was so blinded by my attempt in keeping position 1 that I stopped even having fun! Players are often very angry at those who remove a large amount of points, and have even yelled at them. I am not sure if it is the most crucial element in a more laid-back style of play.

IceBitch

thank you siosios. sorry that it has come to this. but i have to admit im happy that there is no more knife rounds hehe.

HlStats

Blog Entries

if they try to get around what ive done ill be sure to disable admin all together except for the N/U owners

\\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

fearmeh

well the gungame is ruined thanks to ex-hacker shnarf
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i wont be coming to the server for a while now
    until everything is fixed especially the QQers
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    im sorry but 20$ for admin is too steep
    Last edited by fearmeh; 04-05-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information