This tutorial works with Valve Hammer Editor only! (I think)

I'm assuming that you have set up hammer properly and have Zoner's Half Life Tools (ZHLT).If you don't then you can get it here

Now make sure your .rmf file is in the same folder as ZHLT. In the blank space right click on your mouse, select new and then text file. Type (mapname).bat and press enter. Your text file should now have become
a batch file. (mapname) might not be your map's name, so change it to your map's name. Right click on (mapname).bat and select edit. For non-Steam type this:

@echo off
hlcsg (mapname)
hlbsp (mapname)
hlvis (mapname)
hlrad (mapname)
copy (mapname).bsp "C:\Counter-Strike\cstrike\maps"
cd C:\Counter-Strike
pause
hl -dev -console -game cstrike +map (mapname)

Where it says Counter-Strike it might not be the name of your CS folder, so change it if not to your CS folder name. Replace (mapname) with your map's name.
For Steam users type this:

@echo off
hlcsg (mapname)
hlbsp (mapname)
hlvis (mapname)
hlrad (mapname)
copy (mapname).bsp "C:\Steam\SteamApps\EMAIL\counter-strike\cstrike\maps"
pause
"C:\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10 -dev +map (mapname)

Again change (mapname) to your map's name and change EMAIL to your email. Now save the file and open up Hammer to your map. Click file and then export to .map. Make sure your .map file is in the same folder as your .bat file. Double click (mapname).bat and wait. When the Dos Prompt say press any key to continue, look into your folder where the (mapname).bat is. If there is a (mapname).err file then your map has an error. Otherwise, press any key.

If you have an error then either double click (mapname).log or open up (mapname).err with notepad. It will show what errors there are. I'm not going to tell you how to fix those errors.

After the game finished loading, you might spawn automatically as a CT with no weapon or a crosshair. It happens to me every single time. If you just want to test your map, then don't do anything and just explore. If you want to play it for fun and at the same time test it, press Esc, select new game, pick your map, and click start game.