Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i have a problem

NoSympathy

reformat. trust me, i had to do it too. just do it. store your songs on a website and reformat

Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12261357

I'm just going to reformat this weekend.

I'm like the german kid when playin css wiht that shit on my comp lol

Can anyone give me a very good antivirus im tired of reformating cause of virus and spyware

And Thank You all.

NoSympathy

imo just don't go to any weird sites. use firefox and don't download shit that pops up, or videos from untrusted places. most of the time the viruses you get you can deal with yourself anyway.

N|U g0d Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12522252

Nod32 is a good choice, but i honestly don't run an AV. Like symp said, don't run anything you don't trust. FF+noscript is a must.

shtlss07-xfire/steam

add me if you need any useful progs or AV's

N/U Commando
    Nieuw Vennep/The Netherlands/Close to Amsterdam
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:12249747

so it worked yet or not? cause i think yah got a lot of good advies to do to get rid off it
    [IMG]http://3mb.us/images/704_breaker_64.gif[/IMG]

Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12261357

So ya after a nice clean reformat and it still managed to still be having same issues with cs with the menus appearing on their own and switching me on its own is there anymore suggestions or could this be a steam issue?

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

i would say if it's a clean reformat than it must be lurking in your steam or program files somewhere did ta save any of your steam files or down load any skins or werid shit recently or did ya go ta any werid links thou steam freinds ?? I would say completly wipe your steam install clean and start new (sure it's a pain but might solve the prob ) also the a slight chance your keyborad is fucked up try a different keyborad ( i have had keyborad and mouse probs errors before myself )

one other idea is that the prob is infeted in one of your emails or music or install files try checking all your install files

btw firefox and avg will warn ya in advance when ya going to a dangerous site or downloading a bad file
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

Deadly_chicken

when u say clean reformat, did u just reinstall windows, or did u completely wipe the partition and make a new one?

AVG free works pretty damn well for me, its what i put on most peoples comps, theres a free ver. on their website, and norton sucks btw, may detect most things but that shit will slow ur comp down more than the virus will most of the time.

and i gotta ask the stupid question, when u were running ur anti-virus, u were doing it in safe mode right? XD

p.s. rootkits are a bitch to get rid of lol

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

sounds like your a techie to chicken or alot of comp knowledge are u ??

As for me i luckily i grew up with my bro and his friends all programmers builders developers admins of servers and techies

and btw like chicken stated avg is the single best anti virus out there everybody i know recommends and uses it cisico puts out good antivirus and other stuff too but there more on the costly side
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

Banned N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:1352559

ok ya ready? were gonna kick some virus ass right now so pay attention here we go....
    first DL these programs they are free
    1. SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! DL free edition works great!

2.Front Page - F-PROT Antivirus DL free edition or trial works great

3.ATF-Cleaner.exe - www.atribune.org ATF cleaner cleans all kinds of files from your comp very simple to use.

4. Bleeping Computer Downloads: SDFix SD-fix can get rid of anything here is a link on how to use it= How To Use Sdfix

ok when ever you try to get rid of a nasty virus always do it from safe mode with out net working {Press F8 repeatedly while booting up}
    ok here are some instruction on what i do if i get some nasty shit.

*****start like this first*****

Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
    DO NOT run yet.
    Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
    Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    Close browsers before scanning.
    Scan for tracking cookies.
    Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
    Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
    Using the F8 Method
    Restart your computer.
    When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
    Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
    Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
    Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opers browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
    Click the Empty Selected button.
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

NOW Scan with SUPER
    Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
    On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
    Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
    Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
    If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

if ya need more help let me know i got some other tricks up my sleeve .

FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS DONT SKIM THROUGH THEM READ CAREFULLY!!
    if the above method does not work use the SD Fix program and read the link on how to use it...that program can find anything.
    GL hope this helps out.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    just to say i mentioned it....when you did your fresh install you did wipe the hard drive reformat it and then reinstalled right?? never just install over an existing install all corrupt files and junk will still be there and you will still be infected...just wanted to say that to be sure it was out there.
    Last edited by BioHaZarD69; 05-30-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information