Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shnarf's Admin Application

Shnarf

Default Shnarf's Admin Application

1: must be a responsible member of the community. (in the forums and in game)
    I rarely post in forums but I do browse the posts when I get a chance
    2: clear minded thought proccess and thinks before he/she says or acts on anything.
    Yes
    3: must have the ability to help the community with donations.
    Yes
    4: has to be 18 years of age or older (some exceptions are made but not many)
    21 next month
    5: has played on the servers for at least 3 months.
    Yes, maybe a year now
    6: knows the rules of the servers.
    Yes
    7: must be able to learn things as explained to him/her the first time.
    Yes
    8: must have the willingness to do his job in game rather then ignore the players and continue playing.
    Yes
    9: should be seen helping enforcing the rules.
    Yes
    10: must Have Xfire.
    Yes
    11: must have the Ventrillo client and know how to connect and participate in our Ventrillo server.
    Yes
    12: references from admins you play with a plus but not mandatory.
    Oh, good luck finding those.
    13. Not have admin on any other server, or owner of there own pub server.
    No

On a side not, I use to be an Admin on SourceRadio, so I am well aware how to act professional. And I did a week as a CEVO admin before I had to abruptly stop due to school work load. I enjoy playing on the GG and I just wanna do my part.
    What are my chances?
    Last edited by Shnarf; 05-17-2009 at 12:07 PM.

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

.... wow, didnt you say there was no way you was paying to be admin at one point? correct me if Im wrong but I swear I thought I heard you say that....

Shnarf

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfSniper View Post
    .... wow, didnt you say there was no way you was paying to be admin at one point? correct me if Im wrong but I swear I thought I heard you say that....
    I don't believe I did, perhaps you miss heard after the barrage of insults that i hear from you.

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

ok.... I dont want to start nothing here shnarf but as far as I know I have never said anything insulting to you if you want we can talk about this through steam or xfire?

Shnarf

If you believe that then i apologize, perhaps I am thinking about someone else. I'm sure your one of my supporters then.

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

Well, I'll preface this by saying that I don't have an issue with you Shnarf. I've played with you for the past year-ish without any specific problems between me and you. I will agree that at times you try to help enforce the rules as it relates directly to your gameplay. But at the same time, I will say that I have seen numerous issues with you and other admins as well as you and other regs. (however, it is possible that those are all resolved and possible there are no outstanding issues with other admins/regs and you)

That being said, I guess I would question the reasons that you want to be an admin, as well as whether or not you feel like you have a good rapport with admins and regs in the server. (I'm assuming this will be partially answered by regs / admins that respond to your admin app, but would like to gauge your thoughts)

I don't want to say "hell no, he's had too many issues", but when the expectation is that the admins help make the server a hospitable and fun place to play, I don't think it would be in the best interest of the community or the GG server to have an admin that cannot or does not get along well with many of the current admins and/or regs that enjoy the server.

The answer you have to question 12 about having refrences from current admins that you play with, and you answered "Oh, good luck finding those." is somewhat of a example of the reason that this stands out to me as a potential issue. When looking at admin app's we need to ensure that it is the right thing for the community, and I'm not sure that this would be. But I wanted to post it here, get your thoughts and see what the regs and other admins have to say since, like I said, I don't have any issues with you, but have only seen other issues over the past year or so.

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Quote Originally Posted by Shnarf View Post
    12: references from admins you play with a plus but not mandatory.
    Oh, good luck finding those.
    Blatant disrespect to the thoughts the admins have towards him.
    Obviously he knows he is not qualified according to the admins.

Although you are a very good player, as drink said: Conflict with admins + players is not a good trait for an admin to have.
    If its happened in the past while you are NOT admin, it will happen again while you ARE admin. Trust me I can tell you this on a personal note.

Sorry Shnarf.
    My vote is no.

Anyone else?

Shnarf

Quote Originally Posted by rjk83 View Post
    Well, I'll preface this by saying that I don't have an issue with you Shnarf. I've played with you for the past year-ish without any specific problems between me and you. I will agree that at times you try to help enforce the rules as it relates directly to your gameplay. But at the same time, I will say that I have seen numerous issues with you and other admins as well as you and other regs. (however, it is possible that those are all resolved and possible there are no outstanding issues with other admins/regs and you)

That being said, I guess I would question the reasons that you want to be an admin, as well as whether or not you feel like you have a good rapport with admins and regs in the server. (I'm assuming this will be partially answered by regs / admins that respond to your admin app, but would like to gauge your thoughts)

I don't want to say "hell no, he's had too many issues", but when the expectation is that the admins help make the server a hospitable and fun place to play, I don't think it would be in the best interest of the community or the GG server to have an admin that cannot or does not get along well with many of the current admins and/or regs that enjoy the server.

The answer you have to question 12 about having refrences from current admins that you play with, and you answered "Oh, good luck finding those." is somewhat of a example of the reason that this stands out to me as a potential issue. When looking at admin app's we need to ensure that it is the right thing for the community, and I'm not sure that this would be. But I wanted to post it here, get your thoughts and see what the regs and other admins have to say since, like I said, I don't have any issues with you, but have only seen other issues over the past year or so.
    I understand your concern, first to address the issue of why I don't seem to get any support by some admins. Personally, I'm going to be honest, I have yet to figure out why some admins have an issue with me. Apparently it seems the general idea is that i "Hack". I have no way of proving this unless someone in Texas wants to LAN with me to prove it. There are a lot of people who seem to think i talk trash. I never start (and in most cases, ignore them) all comments that are shot towards me. I blame a lot of the new/current admins for spread this dirt around and I would prefer they message me instead of saying the things they do.

And second, I play there daily. Now that school is over with for awhile I have even more time. A lot of stuff happens that could be resolved with an admin being on. So hopefully this solves the question of "why".

p.s. also like the add that some of the current hostility came from my post about the excessive amount of knife rounds, there were some people not happy about that decision.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by DoT View Post
    Blatant disrespect to the thoughts the admins have towards him.
    Obviously he knows he is not qualified according to the admins.

Although you are a very good player, as drink said: Conflict with admins + players is not a good trait for an admin to have.
    If its happened in the past while you are NOT admin, it will happen again while you ARE admin. Trust me I can tell you this on a personal note.

Sorry Shnarf.
    My vote is no.

Anyone else?
    "disrespect" I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna sit there and let the admins disrespect me like they do WITHOUT any reason. And you know well the stuff they say. You cannot tell me I don't have some ability to defend myself. I have never verbally disrespected any admin with vulgar language, apparently voicing a concern is not allowed. In fact I challenge some of the admins that don't know me to come in the server and actively see the stuff that's said without warranting it, you may even reconsider your opinion of some of the admins you have running your servers.. Its time someone there acts there age.
    Last edited by Shnarf; 05-17-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

BlueEmbered

Shnarf gets into a fight with EVERYONE in the sever. He has no respect toward other players. Even if its not his fault I don't think an admin can be hated by every other player. I also think shnarf needs to think before he acts a little bit more. My vote is no.

Shnarf

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEmbered View Post
    Shnarf gets into a fight with EVERYONE in the sever. He has no respect toward other players. Even if its not his fault I don't think an admin can be hated by every other player. I also think shnarf needs to think before he acts a little bit more. My vote is no.
    Respects earned my friend. You cant respect players that insult you.

Thread Information