Thread: About Hackers

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Default About Hackers

There's been problems with hackers getting away with hacking in the server.
    And one reason its happening is the players in the server shouting "Hacker hacker!"
    This is causing the hacker to either:
    1. Leave game and come back at a later time (Preventable with lastx)
    2. Toggle their hacks off (If a toggle hack is being used)

Is it possible to get one of those messages that come in green about this?
    Saying "If you feel someone is hacking, contact an admin privately rather than where the hacker can see." or something of the sort.
    Players in game can even type to admins using @ infront of their text in team chat.

I'm just posting this to possibly slim down the amount of hackers that get away with their l33t hax.

Feel free to add/drop your thoughts/bas/etc on my post.

Thanks,

N/U Commando
    Nieuw Vennep/The Netherlands/Close to Amsterdam
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:12249747

i agree with this Dot.. like yesterday Johhny tried to get rid of hacker but he didnt got rid of him at all though..
    but we really should have something like that ppl see a contact admin when yah see hacker message so we can check out the ppl they think hack..
    [IMG]http://3mb.us/images/704_breaker_64.gif[/IMG]

Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12261357

when theres a hacker the regs would steam msg me and they would be waiting in spec with the hackers steam id saved even he got away so its that big of a problem

also most ppl do know about the @ in chat only nubs dont know bout it and most of the time admins r afk if they r in game

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but players can take demo's and submit bans on the sourcebans site as well I believe. I know that this isn't their job, but it is another avenue to make them aware of. They can submit one and then just let an admin know to review it.

I've been called into a server quite a bit and/or at times been handed a steam if for someone
    that is a "hacker" and I'm not going to ban someone like that without a demo or personally validating that the person is hacking. (so I know where you are coming from with this) I think the only real viable solution for this is to educate the regs on what they can do to help keep hackers out of the community when they can't get in touch with an admin for whatever reason.

Especially in ZM (I'm assuming your talking about) since there are a lot of Admins and seems to always be one on during the 3 hours a day that Sajora isn't playing.

Thread Information