Thread: banned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

Here is the deal, the client was forcing sv_cheats to 1... This doesn't happen unless there is a "hack" trying to force it. You can't just type sv_cheats 1 in console and get banned for it nor can you accidently bind a config file to it... Somehow, the client is trying to force sv_cheats to 1.... This doesn't happen by accident.

I don't know you well breaker, but if your really innocent, lobbying on here isn't going to help your cause. I would go do some research (again, if your really innocent) and figure out how in the hell you client could do it. This has never failed before so I'd say without hesitation that the burden of proof is on you to give.

I don't know nor care if you hack or not, but if you think your innocent then go research... I'm afraid that due to the complete and utter accuracy of this type of ban in the past, there isn't a lot of hope for you through arguing.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by DoT View Post
    So if this system is so pro, how come i still have to ban hackers?
    This "system" is not a anti-hacker tool. It doesn't catch all hacks.. it checks cvars... Consequently, a lot of hacks alter client side cvars, so it catches many hackers... but it's a cvar checker more than a hacker catcher...
    Last edited by rjk83; 07-01-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

Quote Originally Posted by rjk83 View Post
    ... You can't just type sv_cheats 1 in console and get banned for it nor can you accidently bind a config file to it... Somehow, the client is trying to force sv_cheats to 1.... This doesn't happen by accident...
    If you know you aren't supposed to post here. Then don't. I don't mean to be rude, but you said that you knew you weren't supposed to post. Additionally, the point that you raised has been covered. Please read the thread completely through before posting... Again, the server forces your client to certain cvars when you join... your client cannot override those settings unless you have something (3rd Party) that is altering the game.

Please feel free to try to type sv_cheats 1 (or any value) in console when you are in game. Additionally, try to use these commands bound to a config file. It won't happen and you just end up with the server saying no instead of a ban. There must be a third party agent forcing the cvar for it to actually change and be detected by these plugins (cvar checkers).

Additionally, please read the post before you want to reply and also, please respect Nat's request to keep this limited to the appropriate parties. If you have something to add, please PM Nat or a Jr. Owner.

Quote Originally Posted by NatalyaAF View Post
    Now, again, the only people who should be posting here are Jr. Owners, me, Owners, and Breaker, so everyone else plz gtfo unless you have some piece of information that applies to this. If you are a skilled coder and you really want to look over the coding of my NsAC plugin send me a PM and I'll be happy to send it to you to review it, but I can't just post it in public.[/color]
    Last edited by rjk83; 07-07-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Thread Information