Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Music Inside Servers.....

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

Quote Originally Posted by pasties View Post
    I personally don't think it's a good idea...but if EVERYONE IN THE SERVER SAYS "YES" (from a vote) then by all means go ahead...but if i hear one complaint. then it is ova!
    god has spoken

pasties
    ... To illustrate a point...

Looks like it would need to be 100% vote, and no complaints.
    Last edited by rjk83; 07-31-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Sexiest Motha Fucka Alive N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:12305032

Can we settle for 95%?
    DD [r] иα∂ιαٿ: and your pretty damn hot...just saying

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Rey.png[/img][/url]
    [IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/jordan09starmer/900_rey.gif[/IMG]

Spontaneous Psychotic Socializer N/U Marine Zaku-x109's Avatar

Even though I don't post very often as I used to, I'll post my thoughts in here since this topic caught my attention.
    | - Five*: (senteces here) <= Higher level admins add addition comments to clear any confusion on this number. |

There's a reason why we have the rule: "No Mic Spamming".
    - One: A lot of people don't enjoy hearing/seeing (meaning the name of the mic user) continuous and lengthy mic usage (this includes: regular talking, making unnecessary noise, playing music that is either good or bad quality, holding the mic down with or without making any sounds).
    - Two: Most people can't play good music over their mic because it's either crappy quality because they put their mic(s) up to their speakers to play the music which in-turn makes the music bad quality.
    - Three: Even if there's a vote and it is either 100% yes or 95% no, it doesn't mean the rule(s) can be just pushed aside because of a public vote.
    - Four: Another thing to note is that not everyone wants to hear in-game music or music that is played through the mic. Everyone has different tastes in music. So, if you're playing a song you like, that doesn't necessarily mean they like it and wish to hear it. Especially if they're listening to music that is not played in-game, but out of the game from a separate program.
    - Five*: Even if the player that is using the mic to play music whether or not it is good quality is an admin, doesn't mean the rules are exempt for this person.

In my opinion, the Owners and Jr. Owners of the Server(s) are the ones that decide whether or not to allow these types of things on the server(s).
    ________
    Children Prilosec
    Last edited by Zaku-x109; 05-12-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12261357

wow can we close this alrdy pasties alrdy said yes

y is every1 comin in and here and sayin no still

god u ppl need to learn how to fuckin read
    Last edited by SniperKiller; 07-31-2009 at 04:24 PM.
    [url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/go/profile/6743][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/6743.jpg[/img][/url]

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku-x109 View Post
    In my opinion, the Owners and Jr. Owners of the Server(s) are the ones that decide whether or not to allow these types of things on the server(s).
    And pasties has already done that.
    Discussion over i believe?

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

Quote Originally Posted by SniperKiller View Post
    wow can we close this alrdy pasties alrdy said yes

y is every1 comin in and hear and sayin no still god u ppl need to learn how to fuckin read
    Here is why. Because whenever pasties says "I personally don't think it's a good idea...but if EVERYONE IN THE SERVER SAYS "YES" (from a vote) then by all means go ahead...but if i hear one complaint. then it is ova!"

A lot of Jr. Owners think.. Oh shit, here is a rule that is very wide open, can we get some definition and clarification a little bit so that if this is going to be the rule, than we can know what the expectations actually are and use that to perform our duties. In the past, the rule has always been no mic spamming and playing music on the mic has been universally considered mic spamming. So.. If that is going to change, people want to know.

I don't think that it is an issue that you need to be a dick about and say shit like "you people need to learn how to fuckin read". If insulting people is the only thing you can add to the conversation, then please don't post. I don't want to get into a internet retard argument about this but show some respect to other people and their comments.

On the last note, the only thing that people are asking for is some clarification, and I don't think that it's unhealthy for people to put their $.02 in on the discussion.

Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12261357

pasties already clarified alrdy in his post

"I personally don't think it's a good idea...but if EVERYONE IN THE SERVER SAYS "YES" (from a vote) then by all means go ahead...but if i hear one complaint. then it is ova!"

whichs means the vote has to be 100% and nothing less and there r no complains about it to him or other admins or owners its that simple and not hard to figure out
    Last edited by SniperKiller; 07-31-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    [url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/go/profile/6743][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/6743.jpg[/img][/url]

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16187503

Ok I want to add to the conversation

1. I don't agree with the music but why not try something new.
    2. Pasties gave his "GOD" approval but I really think it is Random's decision if he wants it on the Mini Games server or not.
    3. Since it is Random's decision and if he wants it I think Random should take everyone's opinion and make like a motd or something to clarify what the actual rules are.
    4. To be clear we are only allowing the music on mini game server and absolutely not the other servers unless a Jr. Owner wants on their server.
    5. Everyone be nice and get along.

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Jackd; 07-31-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

NoSympathy

stop fucking wanting to change rules. we need to get global rules for all of the servers so shit like this doesn't go on. playing music = mic spamming = annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jackd View Post
    Ok I want to add to the conversation
    4. To be clear we are only allowing the music on mini game server and absolutely not the other servers unless a Jr. Owner wants on their server.
    Have a nice day!
    That right there is the problem. people who play on the mini game server are going to automatically assume it's allowed on all servers. they are going to get banned and cause much more problems then its worth

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

i think the servers should be uniform in the rules. i do not agree with the spamming of music over the mic as that is one thing that will get you perm banned if im around. its annoying and takes away from the game play.

sio
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

------------------------------------------------
    \\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

Thread Information