Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New CS:S Maps

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

dude they all look like good maps but they all look huge or bigger than n/u players are used to there very finicky especially on gg they like small and quick (so jack'd can ass rape everyone)
    but seriously downsize them or revamp some for zombie mod or make some zombie mod maps as we need some new good ones with plenty of barricade spots or escape maps
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

outlawJEW

very nice maps you have made their, i especially like the gg halol map, i think that we should try some of them out in GG and see what people think, thats the best thing to do in my opinion

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:9332709

wonder if uve noticed but there are new maps and ppl still play their old maps againd and again..
    [CENTER][url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/profile/Sajora/][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/3588.jpg[/img][/url]

[URL=http://img594.imageshack.us/i/sajoraforum.jpg/][IMG]http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3315/sajoraforum.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[url=http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=54][img]http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/sig-54-random.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

PeaceKeeper & Admin|AΦΩ| Kung Fu Master NoogyMan's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13921051

Who hasn't noticed.

You've made some nice maps! They are big though, but nice.

-Noogyman
    Hey All I'm NoogyMan! You Only Wish You Were Me, But That's Understandable.....
    Alpha Phi Omega
    "National Service Fraternity"
    Pi Omicron Chapter
    Brother Name : Mister Deeds

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for Steam_0:0:00000000

Hey all I know I haven’t posted in a while but here’s what I’ve been working on over the past couple months. Check it out!

13 Gun Game maps packaged together: FPSBANANA > Maps > CS:S Gun Game > Map Pack > Bobpoblo's Gun Game Map Pack 2

N|U g0d Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12522252

Thanks for the maps bud!

Any of these look good for GG guys?

N/U Jr. Owner N/U Marine
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:93475

they look cool, we should try them out.

N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:1453560

downloading map pack right now, probably look at maps tonight (gotta feed kid, entertain then put to bed)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's what gungamers like for N/U:

Needs to be a pretty small map (we don't fill the server a lot we're usually around 10-14 ppl on avg for a good night)

Needs to be light (no one seems to like dark maps racist i think), open but some good cover, multi layered is fine because some ppl love the challenge of getting to the top lol

equal footing, no spawn closer to obstacles than the other spawn..

anda map that will get clarke and snakeeyes to whine alot..lol
    Last edited by HellscreamsRage; 05-11-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pastiez: I OWN YOU
    Hellscreams: Tru...
    Pastiez: You're my bitch!
    Hellscreams: It fits...
    [img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1679/hellscreams.png[/img]
    [img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9042/churchsignzs3.jpg[/img]

N/U Jr. Owner N/U Special Forces Mongoloid's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:22616543

seems a little close quarters too may ways taht i can get knifed left and right looks GREAT but i dont like getting knifed

N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:1453560

Ok I'm not a pro map tester of any sort, but I do have quite a few maps that i looked at and are played at Zombie and Gungame still. (not trying to toot my own horn just telling y'all where i am coming from:

How I looked at the maps: Took a few minutes in spectate mode to zoom across map and inside and out, then looked at the map as a whole...
    Then i spent several minutes running around the map as both a T and CT...respawning constantly to look at spawn starts.

What I am looking at: Overall size of map, spawn locations, good/bad obstacles and barriers, Line of Sight (from here on known as LoS) which can be a great thing and then it can be a bad thing...complexity of a map again it can be a good thing or bad thing..and replay value.. Reviews to follow
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fy_rb_complex

Pros: I loved running around this map, there are so many obstacles on the lower map that would be aweesome to ambush someone, or just get scared that someone popped out in front of you. The first floor size is good edging on getting a bit big

Cons: With the second floor it adds more too it but makes it a map thats just a little to big/complex for the amount of people that regularly play here. You have almost as much barriers on the 2nd floor as you do the first, and when we get down to one or two people in a round it's gonna extend the round out a few more minutes than it has to be

Fixes: Either eliminate the top level (i think it could be a very well received map with just one level) or eliminate the towers on the 2nd level to make a better LoS. You can also, not necessarily get rid of some walls on the lower level but maybe make holes or half walls, or glass facades..

Vote: No, too big..a bit too complex

---------------------------------------------------------------------

fy_veranda3

Pros: The first thing i thought of when i saw this map was this would be a great Zombie map. You already have the makings of a very good zombie map with places up high to make a stand against zombies and only would take a few rooms to hide in and obligatory vending machines and couches to make barricades (and the occasional blood spatter for aesthetic purposes of course). Love the LoS on the roof, great views, and the spawn locations are great. Could also make a interesting DM map but since I'm not a huge DM person i wouldn't have the best opinion

Cons: For GG it is just too big for our server. Thats probably the only fault with it..and not really a fault its just not the right size for our server

Vote: No for now, but a decent zombie map with a few tweaks

gg_2012

Pro: I think this would be a decent map for Gungame..it would be fast because of the size..and the spawn locations but you have multiple levels for attacking cool textures and a pretty cool tomb/altar at the top

Con: Spawn locations..Direct LoS of enemy spawn which could make for spawn killing within a second of rounds starting..

Vote: A tentative yes, only do to the fact it will be a very fast and the spawn locations

gg_aztec_ultimate

Not doing pro's and cons for this one because there wasn't anything i really didn't like about this map. It's small enough for our server, but complex enough to make each round interesting. Multi-level without being complicated..enough barriers to not create turkey shoot situations..

Vote: YES

gg_death_arches

Pro: One W0rd: Interesting..I would call this gg_wholefuckinglotofarches lol. It is a good size maybe a tad small.

Cons: This would be a great map for a few map changes...but i think the novelty would wear off after awhile..because theres not a whole lot of barriers to hide, it is indeed pretty small...and would make for very fast rounds.

Vote: Yes..but would expect it to come down after a few weeks when the novelty wears off, i could be wrong though

gg_halo

Pros: First thing i thought of when viewing this map were the sides heading out of spawn with direct LoS of enemy spawn, but that problem is fixed with ramps in the middle leading to a small upper level and a tunnel leading toward a small center area. A good size map

Cons: Spawn locations "can" not always lead to spawn killing at the start of round

Vote: Yes, i think this map would be interesting to try

gg_halo_gold

Pros: Has the feel of a futuristic Iceworld with a combination of some of our other maps. Good spawn locations..Nice area to hide behind spawns...

Cons: Pretty small, not alot of things to hide behind when being attacked...very fast map, I think it might get old quickly.

Fixes: Adding ladders to the top of the 5 middle towers would add a very nice added dimension to the game, you don't even have to add bridges because they are close enough for people to jump

Vote: IMHO i think it would get boring quickly with this current version

gg_met_avenger

Nothing really bad to say about this map. Great spawns, good multiple directions to run out of spawn, really nice size, great obstacle locations and areas to shoot from.

Vote: Yes

gg_no90

Pro: Great visuals, blown away by the color scheme and the lighting.

Cons: I think this map would get old really fast after the novelty of the set up wore off (much like arches)

Vote: We could give it a try, this is another map that i see coming down after a few weeks, but i've been wrong before

gg_one_tower

Pro: Very nice size, very nice multi-level map with great LoS. There are a ton of places to camp yet they have multiple entrances so there is no real advantage to camp.

Cons: Not many, the only tough camping spot would be the tower but with two ladder entrances and 2 more holes to fire up into, the camper would probably be torn to shreds soon enough

Vote: Yes

gg_pipe_construct

Pros: I love the feel of this map, the textures, the areas to shoot from(especially the platforms on the sides and backs of the map). Great spawn points (sides of the map nearing the corners)

Cons: That being said, it is just wayyyyyyyyyy to big for our server.

Fixes: You have a bridge in the center, eliminate that, and the space inbetween...Cut out half the ramp/tree space on each side (make ramp steeper to get up faster) and i think you would have a map that would be a better size for our server

Vote: No..love the map but way to big for our server

gg_rmdeath2

This map is a very maybe map. Long LoS from spawn to spawn, which can create spawn killing issues. Ladder to the top middle part somewhat fixes that issue. Also a nice half-wall on side of spawn sort of fixes the long LoS from spawn to spawn as well. Something about this map makes me feel like players will get old of it quickly just because there isn't a whole lot too the map, although some of our well played maps are like that too.

Vote: A map we could definitely try and take out if needed

fy_snow_temple

Pros: I love the textures of this map..I thought I heard from Sios or someone that white textures may make maps laggy though (may be misremembering that).
    You have multiple ways out of spawn. but have to move quickly because the opposing side can come over the rises pretty quickly to kill you in spawn.

Cons: Would like to see a tunnel from spawn to the center underground portion rather than just the side entrance. If you kept the arch there, neither side could see the other coming and would add that extra touch to make the map more interesting.

Vote: This map seems like another one that we could put on to gauge player reaction and could go either way for yes and no

Hope I didn't bore you all that typing
    Last edited by HellscreamsRage; 05-11-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pastiez: I OWN YOU
    Hellscreams: Tru...
    Pastiez: You're my bitch!
    Hellscreams: It fits...
    [img]http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1679/hellscreams.png[/img]
    [img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9042/churchsignzs3.jpg[/img]

Thread Information