Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Few Bugs

HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:26252545

Credit system still bugged. I join server i get anywhere from 5-8 credits automatically. 5-7 credits for 1 kill. 7 credits begining of each round after i used my props previous round. Prop spawning seems to work good. just a heads up.

Drank

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Are you absolutely sure it is 5-7 when you join? It should be impossible to get any for joining the server. Do you get them when you !zspawn or something?
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

HlStats

All seems to work fine now 1 credit to start and 1 per kill, ty . but yea i would join, and then !zspawn to join the round.but if i sat in spec and waited till next round to spawn as human it would still give a shitload of creds.
    Last edited by Dranksta; 09-30-2009 at 11:01 AM.

That was caused by like on the first map u would get one credit for spawning. Second map you would get 2. And so on. I had an event getting unhooked on plugin unload, not map-end which caused this. But that is fixed now.

Are there any other problems with credits?

*EDIT*
    Also, props glitching out of walls...

Unfortunately, because of the way props get spawned now I don't know that I can avoid this without some really weird math and coding that I'm not quite sure I understand yet. I will tell you though that I have made an effort to mitigate this problem, so I'm gonna post a technical description of how that works here...

Okay in the event scripts !propmenu, the menu used a built in valve command prop_physics_create to work out the spawning of props. This command would spawn a prop where a player was looking, but would make sure the prop's boundary box did not intersect with anything else. (Walls, players, etc...) For Source Mod I don't think that command can be used, so props are spawned differently...

In the new SM menu when you spawn a prop it will calculate where exactly the player is looking (but will ignore players -- think of a line that goes through them) and attempt to spawn a prop right exactly there -- the origin of the prop will be exactly where the line hits a wall or another prop. This is a problem because part of the prop will be inside the wall (or in some cases the floor) and it will shoot out or get stuck.

I have made 2 efforts to reduce this problem. First I ensured that the menu only uses props which are centered above their origin. This way stuff won't get stuck in the floor under any circumstances. It is always safe to spawn a prop on a flat floor. The Dryer, Vending Machine, Fridge, and Sofa all had their origins inside of them so I cloned them into new models which players download on joining the server. (No textures though so it goes quicker than anything else.) They're the same in all other respects as their original copies.

Secondly, I set the plugin to calculate the direction the player is facing when spawning a prop. The prop will be spawned with this same direction. Once I had configured that, I set it up those 4 edited models to be located behind their origins. (Filing cabinets and the barrels don't seem to need this since they are so narrow.) This way if you spawn them on a wall they will try to spawn a bit more towards you. This way if you look squarely at a wall (at a right angle) and spawn one of the edited models it will not bounce out -- it will just fall down where it's located. Unfortunately this isn't a perfect fix so if you look at a wall at an angle and try to spawn one of them it will probably bounce out, the sofa comes to mind, but overall it's a better system than not having one at all.

With this in mind, if you don't want props to shoot out of walls, then don't spawn them on the walls. All you gotta do when setting up a barricade is spawn them on the floor or on top of each other and you should be good. Just aim a little bit away from the wall while you're doing this and you will have no problems.
    Last edited by Natalya; 09-30-2009 at 11:46 AM.

HlStats

no more problems that i have seen that u havent addressed. if i notice any more problems ill let ya know. thanks for your efforts

Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:3496656

guitar guys mother has a bug in it..........!!!!!!
    ±‡*`'*^~-., ,.-~^*'´*‡±
    ~~!~¤. アジア感覚 .¤~!~~
    ±‡*`'*^~-., ,.-~^*'´*‡±

Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:18542111

Headshit Immigrant
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:24749313

“The (quantum gravity) theory hosts a number of unknown unknowns, things that we didn’t even know that we didn’t know.”
    [URL="http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8982/zmbaseday0008.jpg"]http://img34.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=zmbaseday0008.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Nubosal/74.86.102.230:27015/"]
    [IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Nubosal/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG]
    [/URL]

Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:24289415

=]

I come in here expecting a reply but all I get is some periods. Fuck.

Thread Information