Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anti camping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default anti camping

Hey guys its Tarquin. just realized i havent been on forums in a freakin long time. Was talking with some people the other day about how basically all of our maps on gg have become the smaller ones where camping is close to impossible because of the fact that people will sit in a spot for a whole round just to get one kill. i'm not naming names, and i think most people stay within the 15 sec rule. but i one of the servers i play on when gg is inactive or no one is on implements a anti camping script that will first send everyone a message saying so-and-so is camping with a such-and-such, and then if they continue to not move it will start to slowly take health from them. im fairly certain they are using their own version of "source anticamp". from what ive seen, it allows for camp radius, stripping weapons, blinding, beaconing, etc etc. it also allows for overrides like for last person standing, or under "x" amount of health, and customization for different maps. What i'm curious is if we could try it out on our server, even if it's only on one of the bigger maps like texture jungle or playhard? (big tower in middle that you cant go in anymore) to see what people think. I have a fairly good working knowledge of setting up servers from making my own for LAN parties and would be certainly willing to help write and install it. But first we obviously have to see what everyone thinks about something that will send out a chat message about campers, and then after so much time start to punish it. let conversations/raging/complaining/goodpoints/discussion begin:
    The coward gets scared and quits... The Hero gets scared and presses on.

PeaceKeeper & Admin|AΦΩ| Kung Fu Master NoogyMan's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13921051

I would love an anit-camping mod on GunGame. If they can get it to work I'm all for it! However; I do think that they have tried it before and it didn't work. So lets just see how this plays out .

-Noogyman
    Hey All I'm NoogyMan! You Only Wish You Were Me, But That's Understandable.....
    Alpha Phi Omega
    "National Service Fraternity"
    Pi Omicron Chapter
    Brother Name : Mister Deeds

N/U Jr. Owner N/U Marine
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:93475

imo we almost always have admins on in gg who take care of campers when we see them, normally if we just ask them to move they move

t3h camper Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19397573

ok here it is i think this is a good idea as well. Im not going to lie i would like to see this happen so all of yall will leave me the fuck alone about camping. Yes i camp, yes i dont camp as much as in the past, and yes yall still bitch about it even when im not. so again if we could get this going in gungame this would be great.

Cogbern

HlStats

Yeah I kinda feel sorry for Cogburn.... If someone's camping in GunGame everyone refers to them as "pulling a Cogburn." Yes he has been doing better at it; however, I don't think that's going to change. You are like a legend. haha. You should feel honored.

Blah,
    -Noogyman

P.S. People that do not know Cogburn even say this.......
    Alpha Phi Omega
    Pi Omicron Chapter

yeah cog your a living legend now. be proud of it

im only proposing like a 25 second time limit for those weird times of day when admins arent around or like when its 1-2 people plus a couple bots. or to take it one step further, when its 2 bots left, and both of them camp out the round (ive seen it happen). and if the admin is alive and someones camping, it really has to wait for an occurence where the admin is dead to see it. but all im saying is try it out and see how things work on one map that people like to camp it out on. it might also make some of the bigger maps a little more available and not take so long like the new poolday map that has the three pools and tunnels from spawn to spawn and pool to pool. anyone know which one im talking about?
    The coward gets scared and quits... The Hero gets scared and presses on.

HlStats

I've seen very good ones on other severs myself. I just wonder if it might cause people to leave the server? Not sure thats got to be a test and see type of deal, but it is a good Idea, again if it hasn't been tried and failed in the past.

-Noogyman
    Alpha Phi Omega
    Pi Omicron Chapter

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

I would say this is a good idea.... but..... if I have a sniper my ass is sitting still....
    so I guess maybe if it can be modified to where snipers standing still dont get punished as bad...or give a longer period of time or something.

ps. cogberns a camping bitch :P lol (j/k cog ya know we love ya)

HlStats

I've seen ones where if you have your knife or a sniper out you get a bit of extra time, but not that much.

Smurf do you know if this has been tried before?

-Noogyman
    Alpha Phi Omega
    Pi Omicron Chapter

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

as far as I know no, I have been here for 2 years and I have never seen this tried... just personally I do think its a good idea, but it would be something that would have to be gone through and made sure everyone agreed on it... not just a couple of people here and there but pretty much all of the gg regs and maybe opinions outside of gg. It sounds good but it could also have a negative affect on the server... not to mention for new people just joining it would probably make the download longer and they may not wait for it to finish. so honestly I dont know...
    but to answer your ? noogey.... no its not been tried as far as I know.

Thread Information