Quote Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post
One of the problems with the gungame server is the registry.. and the whole rate thing is a big issue with some people. it would be nice if the server were updated so that we could implement that auto-rate change thing or whatever it is.
Quote Originally Posted by vince21 View Post
yeah. a lot of servers have that. automatically changes a player's rates to what the server wants when the player joins. really easy way to maintain rates and laggy players.
for one.... 90% of all registry issues are client side... meaning if you have a problem with your registry it means either your ISP sucks.... or your computer is not set up correctly and or your computer sucks. set your rates for a 101 tick server. this will take care of any rate problems you will ever have because the server can drop your settings but not raise them above the set limit. don't complain about registry if you don't know how it works. im not trying to be mean here but i always have my rates set at a 101 tick server. i never have registry issues and my computers over 5 years old, with 1 gig of ram. either way your rates and whatnot should be adjusted to the server anyway because no one puts up 33 tick servers anymore. defrag your comp.....