Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crackhouse

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:4815880

why is there no random spawns anymore?
    why is there a forcefield, and if we keep it, then they shouldnt be able to kill iwth it on
    [img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,n00b-spc-Unlimited.png[/img]
    [URL=http://3mb.us/view-738_pasties_final_revised.gif][img]http://3mb.us/images/738_pasties_final_revised.gif[/img][/URL]

Turtletara420: Hahahaha. Pasties Yes Ur the master....always
    Turtletara420: Prob. shouldn't have said that, but yes...Ur the master!!! I bow at ur feet! Oh master how can I serve

Banned Immigrant
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:30292496

Yeah the main thing that bugs me about it is how they can kill you with it on say you're running through enemy spawn to get somewhere u cant defend yourself while the person with protection can take that sweet 3 or so seconds to kill you.

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16187503

My opinion ---> spawn protection works well on the fixed spawn maps but sucks on the random spawn points.

I always liked the random spawn points better.

I agree with both Enderless and Vince!!

Quote Originally Posted by enderless View Post

I personally hate spawn protection altogether, but with a fixed spawn map it's really necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by vince21 View Post
    personally, i thought it was more fun when spawn pts was randomized. but that's just me. no protection, purely random. that is fun.
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

N|U g0d Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12522252

We wanted a 24/7 Crackhouse server, so i used the Reg DM for that as Jackd was gone (since No AWP/ No auto was his baby).

The fixed spawns we have been doing for a while because everyone says that they love random spawns but the server never stays populated. IMO random spawn is better, but it's not very n00b friendly and it's hard to attract and keep new players. So reg DM has been fixed spawn for the last few months (and for what it's worth, it does stay populated longer when people join.) With fixed spawns comes spawn protection. Other wise you will have someone camping spawns and killing everyone right when they spawn (very annoying as you have little time to react). In short: you can't have fixed spawn w/o spawn protection. I've reduced the spawn protection time to 1 second, so they shouldn't have invincibility for long.

Easy suggested a 24/7 crackhouse server and i do think it's the best course. If you look at the 24/7 crackhouse servers out there, they are always full. Even 24/7 TwoTower servers stay populated all day. I think it's a great idea for the server and will bring a lot of people in. One thing that i was going to suggest (now that Jackd has stopped slacking off and can answer ): Do we want to scrap the No AWP/ No auto server and make it like the reg DM. That way we could have the 24/7 Crackhouse server (with fixed spawns and spawn protection) and still have a random spawn reg DM with no spawn protection?

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16187503

I think we should scrap no awp dm and make it like our old reg dm with random spawns. If both get populated really well again then maybe we can revist the no awps again.
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

Server Admin N/U Marine easytarget's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:5825314

I personally think you should stay away from two similiar servers, agree on one and do it fully. It just divides the masses. I also like fixed spawns, no shield but that is just me. That kind of server will be beast but really hard to start up. Random spawn is not bad though and may be an NU unique so it might draw people but there should be no shield in that case. No symp pointed out the map should be cs_crackhouse not dm_cs_crackhouse as well, which I agree. It is not a big deal to the NU community but it is to people who are trying to find a good crackhouse server.

Another thing is that I think the server is restarting too frequently. I wouldn't mind a little choppiness over it restarting all over and resetting everything. Most other servers like this let people farm to around 800-1000 kills before it ever restarts.

~Maller
    Last edited by easytarget; 01-25-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: another thing.

N|U g0d Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12522252

1) Server restart time has been set to 100min or 800 frags

2) Spawn protection removed - i like the idea but it might drive away newer players. But we'll run with it for a while and see how it goes

3) Map name changed to cs_crackhouse- good idea from no symp

anything else feel free to post guys and i'll work on it tomm.

t3h camper Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19397573

Yeah could you add something like a point system/win system for some reason at the end of the round its like wtf did i win whats the point, i dont play dm to much, but i would assume that there is an objective not just pointless killing. ergarless its just an idea.

Cogbern

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

what would be the point.... theres not really an objective in dm so your not really winning anything.... you just kill people. there is a ranking system already so if you actually care about points then thats already in place... personally dont care about my rank, Im just playing to have fun....

PeaceKeeper & Admin|AΦΩ| Kung Fu Master NoogyMan's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13921051

Deathmatch IS meant to be just killing others.

Getting better at guns and having fun.

That's basicly it.
    -Noogyman
    Hey All I'm NoogyMan! You Only Wish You Were Me, But That's Understandable.....
    Alpha Phi Omega
    "National Service Fraternity"
    Pi Omicron Chapter
    Brother Name : Mister Deeds

Thread Information