Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: City Map Project

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:17034428

Quote Originally Posted by NatalyaAF View Post
    A big departure from vanilla CS:S, the idea here will be to live life in the city. You join a team -- citizens, gangsters, government or maybe some other team and you try to get money. You automatically get paid every so often, (and the server remembers how much money you have) so you can eventually buy cool stuff, but it takes a while. With that in mind some players can choose to live a life of crime and make money printers and such to get rich faster, but the police and other people get money if they smash your printers so you have to protect them. Eventually you'll save enough for a car and then you can buy one of those. The server will remember you bought one so you get to keep it forever.

Another thing is there are no buy zones and when you spawn all you get is a knife. With that in mind, there will be Arms Dealers who can make guns, but they can only make like 10 at a time instead of just 1 so with a high production cost they'll sell the guns off slightly more expensive than 1/10th of the price it originally costed, earning them a profit. This also makes a cop's life easier since there will be less random killing. I hope to make it so cops can get arrest warrants and arrest people instead of having to kill them all the time. Maybe cops could get money for that.
    oh that is teh schweetness in a chocolate cupcake! very excited to seeing this thing in action. major, major props to you guys. *thumbs up*
    [url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/profile/vince21/][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/10809.jpg[/img][/url]

[color=green][size=3]Office[/color][/size]
    [url=http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=625][img]http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/sig-625-random.png[/img][/url]

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Glad you think it's interesting. I think it will be popular, there's just a ton of work to be done.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

Figured I ought to post something about the doors... I did some research on how prop_door_rotating works and found some good stuff that describes how to use them:

prop_door_rotating - Valve Developer Community
    WiseDoor - Valve Developer Community

Basically what you do is u create a prop_door_rotating and set the model to one of the following:

props_c17\door01_left.mdl
    props_c17\door02_double.mdl
    props_doors\door03_slotted_left.mdl

You would use the door01_left for almost all doors. Hit apply and the door will show up in Hammer. Put it where you want it and you're on the way. Now you have to select how you want it to open. For most cases you will use the door handle. To do this go into the door's properties and use Hardware Type --> Lever. The pushbar is also good, especially for commercial or industrial settings. Anyway, this choice won't appear in hammer, but it will show up in game:

Here's what it looks like in Hammer:

You can play with some of the other options like the skin, but make sure the Flag for Use Closes Door is checked so that you can close the door. Also, give the door a name. For example if you made a hotel you might name it like "Hotel Room 204" so that you know where it is. The door features I developed lets you get information about a door as one of the options in the !door menu and it will print out the door's name for players to see, so a descriptive name is good.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by Natalya; 02-03-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Nat i just thought about this, but a possibly nice feature to add on to the RP mod could be a safe. You know, for the crooks, since they can't use banks, they need a place to deposit money to (If you planned on adding banks). It would be pretty cool if the crooks would be able to hide it in their appartment and what not. Then maybe like if cops or another crook came they could confiscate/steal it if they got into your appartment and found it or what not.

Just a suggestion, sounds like it would be hard to code though...especially considering i have no idea how lol.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FPSBANANA > Maps > CS:S > Bomb/Defuse > de_apparts_b3

ZM Apparts was originally de_apparts.
    We were fooled!

I'm lookin up prefabs on FPSB.
    Last edited by DoT; 02-04-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Note: I made zm_apparts lol. It's just a remake.

As for banks, never really thought about that. In CS:S you can only carry $65535 so like one of the first things I did actually was I added a bank feature. You type !deposit or !withdraw to put $$ in ur savings account or take it out. I need to add a !givemoney feature though so people can buy shit off eachother.

I've gotten some work done on the city. As you can see, it's going to have a So-Cal theme.

Banned Immigrant
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:30292496

very nice im really lookin foward to this mod i know it might be a good while before you release it but im patient

The game is almost playable but there is still one huge obstacle in my way... Okay right now you can do like everything with respect to classes. You can choose a class, choose your gender, and then it will spawn you accordingly. So, you can be Government, Civilians, or Rogues. Everything with respect to this works. You get paid properly based on your class, and classes can be set to assassinateable. The team radio works too.

What has to be done is items. There's no real incentive to play the game if you can't accomplish things -- the game is just pointless. But if people can work to getting cool stuff like cars then there's a reason to play. So basically what is needed is a sort of economy. I already figured out money and crap, but what I'm working on now that is really hard is the item system. The idea is for players to be able to buy stuff and have the game remember it, then for the players to be able to use them. Lockpicks for example... You buy a lockpick, find a locked door, then when you use it the door gets unlocked and the lockpick is deleted from your inventory. That's what I'm working on now. Once that's done the mod will be playable because prettymuch everything else is in place. It will need refinement, but it will be worthwhile to play.

Okay some preview pics of the map...

In-n-Out Burger

Kitchen in one of the apartments. They only come with the fridge and sink, so players would buy furnishings for it like the table and chairs here.

I've been working on this police car. People who like to be cops would try to save up for one of these. It's not finished yet though -- this is just a beta version of the car.

The parking lot on left will be for the government building. The section here that I have completed is like the edge of town, so the other corners of this undeveloped intersection will be towards the city centre.

The town so far. The far edge will be going into the more urban bit of the city. Some of these buildings are from ze_retribution, but here you can go inside them. The one on the left has a big apartment, while the red brick one has three. The other buildings are stores and the fast-food joint. You can also see X-Storm's playground.

Server Admin Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:11674747

Nicely done

And u added my playground.
    U know where i will live now

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

I just thought about this nat, make a way to prune the database. I'm sure with the mod there will be a lot to save, and when a new mod is relases, we'd imagine a lot of people will come to see what it's about, some may not like it, but their shit will be saved, so maybe a feature to the plugin that cleans up unused files after x amount of days.

Also...holy shit...i can''t even compare what i've been working on to your shit already...omg...

Thread Information