Thread: Source Soccer League (ssL) - AMATEUR TOURNAMENT

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:1626761

Default Source Soccer League (ssL) - AMATEUR TOURNAMENT

I'm back guys. I apologize for posting this originally without permission, but I have since gained authorization from Siosios to re-post, minus the server IP's. I wasn't sure if this was meant for General Chat or for CS:S, but I went ahead and posted in both. I apologize if that is considered spam and don't mind if one is deleted.

First of all I would like to explain who I am and why I made this post.

I am an official of a league called Source Soccer League (SSL) which is a Counter-Strike Source Soccer League based in North America and was created in 2007. The popularity of this "mod" has grown since then and the league has grown to a well known competition and community. This league plays as well as any other league and hosts various public tournaments that are arranged by members of our community and other official tournaments or events which are run by the league staff itself.

Never played CS:S soccer before? Here are some of our promotional videos:

Panda's FUG series:
    YouTube- SSL - Fug
    YouTube- SSL - Fug 2

SvP highlight video from Season 3:
    SvP Season 3 on Vimeo

Here are a few tips.

* Running around chasing the ball gets you nowhere. So try finding a space on the pitch and wait for a teammate to pass to you.
    * Hitting the ball can be a tough task sometimes on its own, especially if you have never played before. Easiest way of hitting the ball is aim your cursor on the centre of the ball and use your left mouse button to hit it.
    * Aiming the ball is pretty simple, just point the direction you want to aim and then hit the ball. Another easy way to hit the ball is to crouch.
    * You may see some players using the wall and other types of skill to hit the ball. Don't worry all that will come with time and practice. But remember its nice to be nice and have fun.
    Please note: This is only a very basic description for new players.

Well that explains a little about us and a very basic description about playing, you're probably wondering why I'm here. Well I'm here to invite your clan/community to a tournament being hosted by SSL for new players only. This will be a 6v6 tournament played on the map ka_soccer_2008ssL. All rules of play can be found at Rules . If you would like to come play with us, we currently have 3 official servers up:

Match Server (requires a password): 75.102.38.64:27015

Public Server #1: 74.201.57.211:27015

Public Server #2: 66.150.214.70:27015

This is a free to join tournament as we are extremely well sponsored by a game server company called Art of War who not only provide us with any equipment that we may need but they also do special deals for our league members.

All those interested in signing up please visit our website (must register to see forums) Source Soccer League • View topic - Amateur Tournament Details and Sign-ups or click the image above and register yourself and your clan to our tournament. And remember, this is an AMATEUR-ONLY tournament!

Closing date will be 4-18-10 for sign ups - so get your team in before then! If you find that you can't make the minimum requirement of 8 players, then you can just sign up as a Free Agent. Once the Free Agent pool gets up to 8 players, then you can form a team with those players.

We are just about to enter our 5th season as a community, and we would really like to see you come out and play!

Regards,

~Dill Source Soccer League

Click to add any of the 7 ssL League Officials to your Friends List:
    Bazooka Joe
    Church
    Dill
    Panda
    Owen
    Spock
    Stinger
    Last edited by Dill; 03-20-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Thread Information