Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source Soccer League (ssL) - AMATEUR TOURNAMENT

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:31051444

Its something that I would honestly become UBER addicted to lol.

Come to think of it, me being UBER addicted to something like this might be a bad thing lol

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:1626761

Just to clarify - If you have CS:S then all you have to do is join the server. We have scripts that run the "Mod" and all you'll have to DL is the map itself and 2 sets of models.

If this at all interests you, but you don't want to participate in any Tournaments, then maybe you would like to come and play with us in one of our Pick Up Games (PUG). Pick Up Games typically happen all throughout the day starting at ~2 p.m. CST and ending around ~1 a.m. CST - depending on the day. These are school-yard style games, where we have 2 captains alternate in selecting teams for a 6v6 match. The match consists of two 15 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime, and uses standard SSL rules with 2 wings, 1 center, 2 defenders, and 1 goalie. Once the match is over, a new PUG typically starts within 10 minutes or so, depending on how long it takes to get a 12 people in the server.

These PUGS are a great way to try out ka_soccer and play a fun 6v6 match. We typically have PUGS in our Match server, but we will try to start hosting pugs in our Public server so we can get any interested Amateurs involved.

Also, we are giving out admin to anyone who frequently helps populate the Public server. If you're a responsible individual who wants to help maintain and enforce proper playing from any new comers, then visit our website to apply for admin. Admin abuse will not be tolerated though if you are awarded admin. To try to make sure of this, I'll have to see you around for a little bit first and get to know you somewhat. But other than that, it's free and I really hope to see some of you around.

Season 5 for the ssL is about to start in ~3 weeks. If you can get a team of 8 together by then, you are welcome to participate. We have 4 brand-new teams already forming to join 4 Veteran teams, so you'll have a mix of competition from Amateurs to Vets alike. If anyone needs any help with anything, just let one of us know and we'll be glad to show you the ropes.

~Dill
    Last edited by Dill; 03-20-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Inactive
    HlStats

Ha this thing just keeps getting better and better lol. Who wants to join me? lol

Inactive
    HlStats

In light of all the new players coming into the soccer servers, we have set up an "ssL Training" server located at 66.150.214.70:27015 . There are currently 3 training maps on the server:

Goalie Training:

This map has two ball shooting machines that go in opposite semi-circular patterns. One ball will be loaded into one of the machines, and then fired at the net. It's your job to stop it. You won't know which machine will load the ball, but you will have a brief moment right before it fires to see the ball being loaded. This is great for goal keepers.

Header Training:

This map is essentially a large cube shaped arena with 2 nets. Ball Cannons are located on two of the walls, which will launch a "chip" style lob pass to the center of the map, allowing for the player to practice receiving and hitting headers (balls flying in the air). You can also practice 180 shots and passes with the Ball-Cannon lobs as well. This is a great map for any offensive players in the game, as well as anyone interesetd in getting better with headers.

Team Training:

This map has 20 balls on it and is great to use as a team training map for passing/chipping and general individual ball control.

*Anyone* can have admin to the server, and as long as you're a registered ssL member, you are eligible to reserve the server for up to 1 hour of private practice with your team. If you would like admin, just message me or any other League Official on Steam and we'll come give it to you.

Come out and test your skills on our new ssL Soccer Training Server!

~Dill

Inactive
    HlStats

Seriously! Who wants to join me and we can make a team because I am totally up for this

Inactive
    HlStats

If you can't find a full team of 8 players, we currently have a new team forming in the ssL of Free Agents. One of our long time Veteran players, Fig, is creating an "Amateur-Only" team. He is actively looking for new recruits. He isn't looking for the best players or the most talented, but more so the players that have a strong desire to learn and get better at the game. He's willing to teach and train all the new players to a competitive level, as long as they have the mindset and desire to do so.

I am also very involved in teaching new players the ins and outs of the game. Fig and I have both been playing the game for 3+ years, so hopefully I'll see you around. Now is a great time to be entering into the ssL - we are growing quite quickly.

Season 5 will begin in ~3 weeks with a Pre-Season Tournament. Try to find some buddies and hop on.

~Dill

Inactive
    HlStats

If you could give me his information I would be more than happy to learn the game!

Thread Information