Thread: New PSU

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:18150656

Default New PSU

Well here's the story, I have an Intel Q9550 @ 3.61 w/ 1.45v and 4 gigs of ocz reaper set @ 1160 5-4-4-12 @ 2.35v FSB at 425*4 GTX 260, will be upgrading to SLI on an ASUS P5N-T Deluxe board. I had a 650 Ultra psu, and i started getting kernal power errors all the time, had to re-install windows even. Now back at stock specs, I have only had 2 errors. But let me remind you that those oc settings were stable for 5 months before this. Everything is fan and liquid coold. Board doesnt see 35 celcius and cpu maybe sees 50 at 100% load. So I found this killer deal on Newegg for a Corsair TX 950 Watt PSU with a single 12v rail and 80+ Bronze certified for 120 after rebate. Well I got the PSU yesterday, and Im planning to put it in no later than this weekend, so I can get my system back running right.

And on another note, with that old power supply, I get to bild another my old system again, cuz all I needed was another power supply.
    Second system:
    Asus P5N32-e SLI
    Intel E6600 @ 3.2 with air
    4 gigs of 1066 gskill ram
    evga 8800 gts 640 meg
    in another thermaltake armour case (this one w/o liquid cooling)
    lol

N|U g0d Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12522252

Those are some sexay specs on ur first rig.

Deff need more than a 650watt for all that

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:17034428

i want to upgrade my comp now too...but i can't. have fun with yours...
    [url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/profile/vince21/][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/10809.jpg[/img][/url]

[color=green][size=3]Office[/color][/size]
    [url=http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=625][img]http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/sig-625-random.png[/img][/url]

BloodThirsty Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:12668280

Quote Originally Posted by vince21 View Post
    i want to upgrade my comp now too...but i can't. have fun with yours...
    agreed.
    [img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/zippo346/bloodthirsty_final_gif.gif[/img]

Єlιtus mєmєяєdus Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:17364776

Thermaltake armour is awesome.
    IF you ask them, call direct, for a small fee, they will supersize their Armour+ FullTower to Double the size.
    OF course, What would you do with 16 HD/CD slots?
    Network drives ftw.
    =D
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][FONT=System][B]I reject your reality and substitute with my own.[/B][/FONT]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2i71q2x.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

N|U g0d Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12522252

damn khaotik, wish i had known that a year or so ago... :/

Eh, i still like my Armour series w/the 250mm side fan ^_^

Server Dev Team Immigrant
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:14807230

<.< really?
    be careful with that p5n-32e sli my bud bought one opf the p5n-e sli serires and hisfryed on him. i bought the same one and it died on me 2 weeks in. im not sayin yourr will do the same but if the 32e is just the 32bit version of the one i had thenyou shold be ok i would think

Inactive
    HlStats

Well finally got the psu in tonight, and redid all my cable management, and overclock settings, and my system scores highr in the windows experiance now 7.4 vs 7.3 and even higher in 3d mark vantage. On the down side, once I finially powered on windows could not find the bootmgr, even with all other hd's (which is what I did at install anyway) except for my ssd and no luck. So now I'm into another fresh install of windows 7. And for my secondary build, after a long time cleaning the case and the fans and getting everything all cleaned up (cuz im a smoker and a pothead) cuz things were a bit dirty. My girlfriend is taking computer science at college, so I was helping her as I was working on mine. And maybe my fault, I didnt double check her connections before first powering on to see that a usb header connected to the firewire port untill it had a nice big spark! Now nothing, no post period. Death of another Asus board (that was the third rma of that board). But now no errors, no voltage flux, a little higher temps because im getting the actual voltages now. Next.....SLI

Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:15703208

deff toss the Ultra power supply they are junk, Corsair is 10x the power supply Ultra is.

Inactive
    HlStats

Default Update

well, the itch was too damn strong, now i went ahead and got another bfg gtx 260 core 216 superclocked for SLI!!!!! plus 4 gigs of ram wasn't enough so I had to get another set of ocz reaper ddr2-1066 for 8 gigs of ram!!!! But i did have to loosen up the ram overclock to next to nothing for stability reasons. But I got 18,582 on 3dmark vantage with performance and 12845 on excellent settings. I can now play counter strike in all its glory at 260fps

Thread Information