Thread: Classes

Inactive
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:30068250

Default Classes

If this role playing server is really attempting to mimic real life, why can everyone buy guns? I mean of course in real life you can get a license and etc but there are no licenses in the game hence why when you play its always dm. It really sucks when you're trying to make money and you cant stop being spawn raped by the hordes of terrorists who somehow managed to find 14 aks. Also id like to expand on the classes topic, why don't we have an arms dealer and buildings that people can actually buy weapons from rather than buying weps from other people and being scammed? Just thought id throw the idea out there as it has been used before on different servers, although those servers are gmod.

Quick version: Restrictions on the distribution of weapons is one thing id like to address and the possibility of a creation of a different class as to manage the distribution on weapons so openly.

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm 100% sure it will go a little something like this:

Dickshit became Arms Dealer.
    Dickshit bought 100 Aks.
    Dickshit became Mayor.
    End Game.

Inactive
    HlStats

Thats why you make the arms dealer class a closed class only used by regulars or something along those lines. Then again the main currency of the server is weapons, that may upset the balance quite a bit and theres no way that dickshit could buy 100 aks... The prices are too high. Also all of these positions are on a live/death basis, you get shot and killed you drop the class, so if he switches to arms dealer and does in fact get 100 aks then switches to mayor, he will simply die unless he's aimbotting, theres no real factual way for someone with a hundred aks to hold off the hordes of terrorists.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Natalya already mentioned something along these lines so this thread is pointless at this time.
    Last edited by strike325; 06-11-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Okay so maybe you need to be a weapon's dealer to buy like big guns (ak's, snipers, etc...) but normal people can still buy pistols from the item menu. Would that help do you think?
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

Inactive
    HlStats

Possibly, its all the same though, its really just become dm with cars.

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

sorry but I think being able to buy what you want shouldnt be changed and it buying shit shouldnt be classified. from what I am understanding how this works.... the only people that can buy certain guns would be gun dealers cause that would be more like real life.... speaking from personal experience that is nothing like real life I could go tomorrow and buy a m249 if I really wanted to or any fully automatic weapon for that matter. In real life anyone can purchase a gun. whether its legal or illegal, there are always ways. and about the dm with cars.... personally I have seen people get really creative with this server on ways to kill others but its all in good fun and a lot of it for a laugh. Like me bribing dot (cop) to let set up a fellow renegade in a jail cell and handcuff him so I could shank him in the back for trying to rat me out..... or my way of making money.... if someone wants someone dead they can contract me to kill them. after I kill the person you will see "contract fullfilled" in the chatbox lol but I will agree.... there are some I have seen in there that overreact a lot to getting killed and some that enjoy killing a little to much. especially when someone stands on the sidewalk in front of the government building and they decide thats close enough to government property Im gonna kill them. and I really have no clue what I was talking about right now.... long night at work

OH... guns = no restrictions cause lets face it you put restrictions on the server that cant be broken... its no longer like real life... and honestly it wouldnt stop someone from killing you anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope something in all that rambling made some kind of sense.... O_o
    Last edited by SmurfSniper; 06-23-2010 at 05:42 AM.

Thread Information