Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Server Update Thread (August 2010)

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Default New Server Update Thread (August 2010)

Because the old one is not up to date lololol.

Okay so, last night I fixed the brakes glitch. I guess every time Valve decides to fuckdate the servers then I'll be fixing the brakes. Basically what happens is the surfaceproperties_manifest.txt gets reset so the game loses all the tire material properties, so if you hit brakes in anything but the shelby, jeep, lada, or civ impala the game doesn't know how fast to stop the car and it crashes. But that's fixed for now so we're good.

Also, as I mentioned in the chatbox, we have a new /siren or sm_siren command for if you are driving a police car. Blue lights will flash on top of the car. Do it again to toggle them off. It looks pwn. If someone has a looping police siren sound, post a link for it here and I'll hook that up so you can have the sound too. Also, I'm looking at making the trigger button (left-mouse) be a car horn so if you have car horn sound post that here too. I need to fix a couple things with cars...
    A: If you forfeit a car everyone's view gets fucked until someone uses /car_stow on it to take it.
    B: There are now three new car commands besides /siren; they are /car_on, /car_off, and /car_view. None of them work 100% at this point but you can play with them without crashing the game.

/ent or sm_ent if you want to bind it has been made into a public command as well (not admin) so players can use it. Basically you use that command to get some information about whatever you're looking at. If it's just the ground you'll get a coordinate print-out to tell you where it is in the map. If you aim it at a door it will tell you the name of the door. If you point it at a car you will get whether or not someone is driving it and if someone is, you will get their name. I also think it prints out the Steam ID of the car's owner with a _# at the end, so if someone is glitching cars by spawning them in the wall or something you can report them to an admin. The other info sm_ent gives is entity numbers like #454 is the City Hall Fence outside their parking lot. It's not useful for you guys but if something gets messed up I can use that information to get it fixed.

The MotD has a new picture now too for the server. (Shelby in a tree.) All cars are back on the server, though in future I might replace some with others. I'll try to make sure no one loses their cars though. So far I've been successful with that.

Item Pack is officially fucked. I don't know how to fix it as of yet.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

N|U g0d Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12522252

Quote Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
    I guess every time Valve decides to fuckdate the servers then ...
    O god i lol'd ^_^

Hit me up if you need any help, and shoot me some instructions on what needs to be applied/patched when the servers are updated. I'll add it to the list! =P

While it's still there, dl the scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt and save it. Then when server gets updated put that one back since it gets overwritten.

*EDIT*
    Do this for scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt too.
    Last edited by Natalya; 08-27-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Okay so I did a lot of work today. Car sounds are back. Also the map is now on _beta_04 now. You'll notice it looks 200% better, the elevator goes the slightest bit faster, the warehouse is useable, and there's a fucked up new area beyond the warehouse. Not sure why it got fucked but whatever.

New RP feature of the day:
    • You can use an ATM
      To use the bank commands ( /bank /withdraw and /deposit ) you need to use an ATM. Fortunately, I put two more ATM's in the map inside the BP. That means you can use an ATM there, at Bank of the West, or in City Hall. This just adds another small element of realism to the server.

Also:
    If you forfeit a car it doesn't mess people's view up so bad anymore.

I fixed /debitcard today. Also I made it so when you go to an ATM a menu pops up for withdraw and deposit. It also says how much money you have. And finally, the most pwn thing I did was I made it so if you're driving a car you can press left mouse (shoot) to honk the horn.

Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:20224394

Quote Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
    I fixed /debitcard today. Also I made it so when you go to an ATM a menu pops up for withdraw and deposit. It also says how much money you have. And finally, the most pwn thing I did was I made it so if you're driving a car you can press left mouse (shoot) to honk the horn.
    Even though i have played RP once, and i tried to teamkill jackd but couldn't find him :P ... i appreciate what you do fixing the server natalya <33333333!!!!

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2lkfo86.jpg[/img]
    Kᴀʟᴇʏ Cᴜᴏᴄᴏ Fᴀɴ

Added more translation support (English and French) for the car plugin. Basically the Frenchies get any in-game messages that have to do with the cars in French while every1 else sees English. Also, this isn't in game yet, but check out the new traffic lights I made:

Our admin Storm (anthony on here) has been very helpful. He got us two new skins -- a male mayor model and a female police chief model. They look like this:

Mayor (M)

Police Chief (F)

This let us get a new Judge class which uses the old Female Police Chief and old Male Mayor for its models.

Judge (M and F)

The Judge counts basically the exact same as the mayor. It should be noted that the Mayor can no longer be assassinated and the Judge can't be assassinated either. Both can demote the Police Chief or Police Officers and can issue warrants. The MotD has all the new pictures on it for new players to see.

Storm also got a siren sound for the police car. When you turn on the siren ( /siren ) the sound will play too. It can take a few seconds to turn the sound off though when you exit the car or turn off the siren.

Also, the /cuff and /uncuff commands still exist and work, but now all a police officer has to do is stab someone. It will toggle them between being cuffed an un-cuffed. This makes it easier for the cops and means that new players have fewer commands to learn.
    Last edited by Natalya; 09-04-2010 at 11:41 AM.

N/U Zombie Whore N/U Commando
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:24098730

I'm still getting more shit but anyways your welcome!
    [url=http://flashflashrevolution.com/profile/aznkilla50/][img]http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/newsiggy/aznkilla50/stardust/0/0-1-2-3-4-5.png[/img][/url]

Another preview of what's to come in the next version. As you can see, the Sexy House now has a smaller companion house which is built in the same style but has a different layout. The house on the right is also new but I might shrink it some because it's really big... Bigger than the bank. It looks out of place so don't expect it to stay the same. The corner there also has traffic lights now -- the new cool kind which you see in my post above.

I've done a lot of other stuff too, which will remain a surprise.

Thread Information