Quote Originally Posted by easytarget
Well to keep it simple, yes you are taxed a shit ton when you buy things, but the money you save and put away from it will not be taxed at all thus granting a large yield of what you save.
I'm fairly certain that I just showed you that unless you make over a certain amount, you don't save from this system, and end up paying more. Maybe you missed that but that's the fundamental flaw with the "fair" tax.

Start buying the used items which will not be taxed at all (second hand car for example),
Second-hand food too?

and well shit if you have the money that you have earned, buy a new item. It promotes people to save their money and stop excessive spending and using money they do not have.
Actually because of fractional-reserve banking our entire economy is predicated upon people spending money they do not have, usually through taking out loans and lines of credit. If no one was in debt the economy would collapse almost instantly, thx to the Federal Reserve. Individually it's good to not be in debt but socially, our current economic structure demands that we as a country stay in debt. And debt = slavery.

If people work hard and make their money however they make it, then they should keep it, not be overtaxed because you think its immoral to make money. That is basically what I see, it is money wealth envy.
Actually I'm part of the upper class myself. I just care for those who don't have as much as me more than I care about those who do.

Most people are middle class or lower class, well let them work to get the money to advance. The income tax code does not allow this to happen and I think it takes away from the lower/middle even more.
Again, in my example above I demonstrated that the Fair Tax takes away more from them.

That is why I like a flat tax of some sort. I do not like when the government is in my business and just takes my money that I worked for from my income. Capitalism for the win.

~Easy