Quote Originally Posted by easytarget
Blah blah blah on both sides.

Both mainstream candidates will not do anything to help or "change" our current situation now. As crazy as he is, I'd vote for Ron Paul over any of these chumps.
I kinda like Ron Paul actually, but would never vote for him. I think it's great that he wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve, leave Iraq immediately, and re-open the 9/11 commission, but then at the same time he completely hates any and all social programs, so I really don't know what to say about him. If it was Ron Paul vs McSame I'd go Ron Paul any day but Ron Paul vs Obama, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by pathboy
PS: Psst! Easy! Congress controls the budget! Who controls Congress?
Rupert Murdock, The CFA, and David Rockefeller.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar
That is the VA's fault.
And who runs the VA?

I personally wanted Huckabee bc he supported the fair tax.
The Fair Tax isn't fair. :[

On to Pathboy since he quotes me a lot:

Quote Originally Posted by pathboy
Well, actually, no. I'm a libertarian who focuses my decision based on the tax code proposal.
I didn't say you were a neo-liberal, I said that you bought into their ideas. Additionally, the libertarian party is almost synonymous with neo-liberalism anyway so you probably are one, you just don't know it. Then again you probably don't even know what Neo-Liberal actually means, and the only candidate running who isn't one is Ron Paul. Obama, McSame, Biden, Palin, Clinton, Huckabee... All neo-liberals.

I actually READ and figure out how much each candidate is going to cost me. I run a bussiness that employs about 12 people (all getting full benifits and health coverage I might add), and so it's just practical sense to look deeper into the issues. Obama's plan clearly states that he'll reverse the Bush tax cuts and my Federal Tax rate will go up 40% (meaning the government gets 40cents of every dollar right off the top). But that's only the start of the big screw! He's taking away the Medicare/Social Security cap (the cap which exists now means you only have to pay the 8% tax for the first 100K you make, then it goes away)! So that means everyone will have to pay the 8% tax for as much as they make. Oh yeah! It's a "matched tax" meaning your employer matches this payment to the government! Oh yeah! I'M MY OWN EMPLOYER SO I PAY BOTH HALVES! That means I get to pay the whole 15% rate for my income! Party time!

Let's recap! At this point, the Obama plan is to change my federal tax rate to 55%! State income tax anyone? Sales tax anyone? Anyone pay real estate taxes? If Obama get's elected, I'll be lucky to keep 30 cents for every dollar I make past 200K. I was thinking of expanding my bussinss (to make more money of course, but it would also create new jobs), but if Obama gets elected, forget that! Why work so hard if the government is just gonna take it away? Great! The tax plan is encourageing lazyness! Malthus was right!!!
If you make over (I think it's 156K, I forget), then yes vote Republican every day of the week, but for the 95% of us who don't, it's bad for us. Terrible actually. Also why would you want to pay for your employee's health care if there was an option to not pay at all because everyone got health care?

Now for the fun part:

"People who win the lottery and become rich without working much and were genuinely lazy."

People who play and win the lottery are usually stupid. It's a 'stupid tax' if you think about it. Track them 5 years later and they're mostly divorced, poor, and owe a crap load of back taxes. Ironic, huh?
No argument here.

"People born into rich families who inherited money from their parents."

You got me here. But they tend to be a well educated lot? I'm sure Obama would fix this by forcing everyone to give all thier money to the government upon thier death. That'd be more fair, right?
You actually believe that? *shoots self*

"People who worked hard and got stable corporate jobs, only to learn that the company they were working for was Enron and suddenly their lives were ruined because of its collapse."

Get another job? Work some more? Take it from me, losing your job doesn't 'ruin' your life. Neither does a house fire that destroys everything you own. Trust me, I've been through both. Why should they get any of my money? I really don't get it.
Enron was problematic because suddenly thousands of people all with the same tech skills were out of job at the same time in a tech sector economy that was already hurting because of the .com bust of the late 90's. I'm sure most of them have picked up the pieces and gotten new jobs and moved on with their lives, but it was pretty bad for them at that point since the market was flooded with people who all had the same credentials and few opportunities.

"People who were born poor, joined the armed forces becuase it was their only way out of poverty//not enough opportunities, and got PTSD from serving in Vietnam, and could never get a job again because of this, then wound up on the streets."

I know this isn't patriotic, but in my opinion, people who join the military lack sense. I mean, this is a job where people will shoot real guns at you! I was 'born poor', grew up in a trailer park, and took the way out that is given to every American. Instead of goofing off, I studied. Itstead of going to parties on the weekends, I took a 2nd and 3rd job. I borrowed insane amounts of money to get through many, many years of school (120K to be specific). I put off all the fun things in life to work for a better life. Now Obama is telling me I have to also pay for all those who were TOO FAT, LAZY, OR STUPID to do the same. Rewarding unwise or flat out stupid behavior is conterproductive.
That's just plain mean.

The really sad thing Nat is that 98% of the American people have no clue how the government works, aquires money and spends it. Democrat or Republican won't change most of the issues the left are most venting about. The war in Iraq might end, but another will take it's place. The ecomomy? It'll continue to suck for a while. How much should I have to pay? I thought last year's tax bill was my fair shair. Obama didn't think so though. He want's more.
Pathboy

PS: Who goes to prison these days anyways??? Meth addicts? Dumb asses? Don't even get me started on the prison systems. Follow the law. It's not that complicated. While you may find the fact that people profiting from running prisons offensive, I find paying for room, board, food, and cable TV for the guy that murdered my cousin equally unpalatable. Legalize marijana and we'll set free the only people I feel sorry for. The rest can rot.
You actually DO pay for room and board for prisoners. In fact you have paid more ever since Regan privatized them because, like I was saying earlier, these companies are in it for profit and the profit they get is money that the government (aka your tax dollars) sends to these companies, when it was cheaper before to do it since the government isn't in the business of locking people up for profit. And yea, legalize Marijuana. Who's business is it if people wanna do drugs? Alcohol is a drug, but no one complains about that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar
I know this isn't patriotic, but in my opinion, people who join the military lack sense.

Dont understand that part. Pretty much everything else I agree with. The only thing I didn't lack sense was partying my scholarships away. I joined the navy as a nuclear mechanic and now I'm an operator at a nuclear power plant in Florida. I like what I do and I feel I have a lot more sense then most people. Obama also doesn't support nuclear energy so therefore I dislike him more.
Actually he does. Obama just wants stricter regulations to make sure nuclear waste is tracked and stored safely and securely, to prevent spent fuel rods and other such things from ending up in the hands of terrorists, or being dumped in an environmentally degrading fashion, as was done prior to the 1970's. Now it's a little better but there are no longterm solutions for nuclear waste that have been decided upon.