View Poll Results: Am I close to Cal material?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50,00%
  • No

1 25,00%
  • You just suck completely and should probably disable CS:S...in fact, get out of this website too.

1 25,00%

Thread: CAL?

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:17034428

Default CAL?

So, I don't know how many people here know who I am, but I've been playing on N/U servers for about a year or so now. And I still feel like a huge noob. So, I was wondering if anyone could clue me into the type of things which I have no idea about, like Cal. What is it? I know it's some kind of professional gaming tournament thingy, yes? Anyway, I just thought this would probably be the best way to find out about stuff I don't know. Peace.

~vince21

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Welcome to N00b Unlimited!!

I fixed your post. But instead of waiting for me to come along, you can just hit the edit button at the top of your post to do that from now on.

As for CAL, that stands for the Cyberathlete Amature League. I haven't played in it myself, but N00b Unlimited has a team for it, team VoX. If you want to learn more about that sort of thing, talk to Easy Target. He's our CAL team leader. He could also watch you play and see if you're good or not.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

You have to be pretty decent if you want to be in the beginner CAL league at the minimum. I used to be in CAL-O (stands for open; which is the for beginners in CAL) back in my old 1.6 clan. Even at O, teams were usually decent and you're going to require a bit of skill to compete fairly (although in my honest opinion 1.6 and source are pretty damn different).

I've seen you play Vince, and you're pretty good but I don't know how "good" CAL teams are in source (i only had experience with 1.6.

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

i am taking it your interested in the cod4 cal info seeing as you posted here in this section. lannon runs the cod4 team for cal and is currently looking for members to join. if your interested you can post a pm to him by searching for his name in the members list for the forums.

welcome to N/U
    siosios
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

------------------------------------------------
    \\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

roflmywaffle

As Nat said, CAL stands for Cyberathlete Amateur League. There is also the CPL which is the Cyberathlete Professional League. There are also a host of other leagues, TWL, Ironglove to name a few. Most leagues cover multiple games, CAL covers 17 games. most games have different sub-leagues as well; HL2 deathmatch for instance has 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4. alter mentioned cal-o, which the o stands for open, which means anyone can join. the order goes as follows:
    CAL-Open
    CAL-Intermediate
    CAL-Main
    CAL-Invite

i might have main and intermediate mixed up.

Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:11022637

Quote Originally Posted by roflmywaffle
    CAL-Open
    CAL-Main
    CAL-Intermediate
    CAL-Invite

i might have main and intermediate mixed up.
    Yeah its CAL-Open; CAL-Intermediate; CAL-Main; CAL-Invite. Im gonna tell you right now the main things you need to work on to hang is teamwork and listening skills, its not about you its about your team as well. From what i seen in the servers you should do fine. I only had the chance to make it to Intermediate, that was because my team always fell apart by then, so like i said it depends alot on the team, so dont just join any clan. Goodluck.
    <CENTER></CENTER>

Get_One

dang dude i thought me and sajora were going to run the cal teams

its ok ill be alright....

cinder

I small update about the CAL Squad for N/U. We now go by -word instead of VoX.

Xfactor12

and dont forget +word(the better team)

Thread Information