8 44,44%
  • Keep

10 55,56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: keep or remove propmenu

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Okay first some technical notes...

A: Bed Frame
    I'm all ears if y'all would like to suggest possible replacements for this prop. It's seldom used and would probably be better if it was replaced with another prop, so give me ideas. Juu mentioned the wire spool, but this prop is not very heavy. It rolls around easily and is not suitable for barricading.

B: Vending Machine
    The vending machine spawns on top of you unless you aim sufficiently far away from where you're trying to spawn it. The vend is expensive and sometimes bugs like that, but the thing is that if you do it right it's probably the best prop for making a barricade in the whole game and zombies can't deal with it except by barrel rolling. So, what I say here is, learn to place it better because yes, it is risky, so you gotta see if the benefits outweigh the risk. It would be kinda cheap if it was sure to get placed properly. Also, it can't be replaced with the smaller cs_office vending machine. (1337UP or MoOnLiGht one)

C: Props in Vents
    Call admins to deal with this problem. We'll be happy to kill anyone who spawns dryers in vents. Umm, I don't know about a check to see if the player is crouched or not... I guess I could look at it, maybe there is a way. I like the idea I just don't know if it's possible.

@ Juu and Zombies Breaking Prop Towers:
    I personally don't ban zombies for busting my towers because with Jedi powers I am not easily thwarted in this manner and I end up just using them to do what I was gonna do in the first place with the prop stack... Banning people is sometimes bothersome so why bother if I can get past what they've done? If someone breaks ur stack tho and I'm around I'll help u out tho and maybe ban them or something, but you gotta complain and let me know or else I'm not gonna see it happen.

Another thing... You seem a little incoherent here. You want the prop menu removed partially because zombies break your prop towers that you wouldn't even have in the first place if there was no prop menu...? This seems a little illogical to me.

"i also dislike how people can stack onto a tower that requires like 8 filing cabinets, and then when they see someone stacking, they shoot the whole thing down, theres only 1 way up, stacking, so either make a rule where they cant shoot filing stacks down or just edit the maps you download and put invis walls everywhere"

Any map edited by MoOnLiGht has invisible walls and shit to prevent this. All of my maps do too except Natalya's Ship. But srsly, that is most of the maps on the server right there... (Moon has edited a lot like the zm_roy_ maps as well.)

Anyway, so my whole take on it is this:

The ZM we have now is not the ZM that Tara used to run. You have to remember that it died for about two months, and so that's why all the changes have been made, most of them coming during the summer this year. Prop menu was the first thing we changed on the server and so I don't really see it going away at this point, especially since in this vote a majority said to keep it. But I can make changes to it. Once y'all decide on a replacement for the bed frame, I'll get that put in there and I'll look for a way to make it not work while you are crouching as well. Umm I guess other options include making shit either more or less expensive, but no1 has said anything about that yet.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

JuuJuu

Juu mentioned the wire spool, but this prop is not very heavy. It rolls around easily and is not suitable for barricading.
    no kamikazi mentioned it

You want the prop menu removed partially because zombies break your prop towers that you wouldn't even have in the first place if there was no prop menu...?
    if there was no propmenu i wouldnt be complaining in the first place

The ZM we have now is not the ZM that Tara used to run. You have to remember that it died for about two months, and so that's why all the changes have been made, most of them coming during the summer this year. Prop menu was the first thing we changed on the server and so I don't really see it going away at this point, especially since in this vote a majority said to keep it.
    ok keep it, i will probably still play on n/u just not as much, i will prolly lean towards sub-z's new zm cause they are trying to go for the old version of it that tara used in the day

Well I've been toying around with the idea of an old-style ZM server that had the same settings as it did back in the days that Tara was here, but I haven't really given it enough thought but maybe we could get a server like that too because I know some people liked that way more w/o the para and no props or weapons, etc...

I guess the thing is this... ZM we have now was unable to form a solid community of players. Well, it was, but that all went down hill when Tara left and eventually it completely died. Personally I was unable to re-form that community, or to make a new one, and so after 5 months of trying I said "fuck it" and now the server is no-steamed and populated. But the thing is, its hard to form a community this way as well on the server since many of they players just sorta drift in and out, only visiting because this is one of the few no-steam servers that exists. They don't tend to stick either.

So, you have a situation where the server is completely dead on the one hand, or insanely popular on the other but in both cases a core community of players has difficulty forming. So maybe an Old-School zm server that wasn't no-steamed and didn't let STEAM_0:0:0 players in that was styled after what ZM used to be could be successful if it managed to get players from the ZM we have now who would switch between the two. The one we have now is kinda crazy and its usually too much of a blood bath for friendships to develop since its too popular (Ranked 32 among all ZM servers), but if there were a quieter one that fed off the main one then I think that would work out pretty well.

The one thing that's stopping this from ever being put into serious planning is the question of who would run it. Currently Random Hero is the only ZM Jr.Owner and he's busy with real life most of the time. I would obviously do all the server work setting it up and stuff but I wouldn't be able to admin it, considering how short-handed our current ZM server is. Thoughts anyone?

bmwong620

Well Nat, you could start hiring more admins to the server. Therefor, the server would be watched more and players could come back to play more. I'm not saying hire everyone to be an admin but having a few more isn't a bad idea. :P

Random and I have been trying to do that but no1 has been able to make the donations.

U want admin?

JuuJuu

i want it, but sio and pastiez know what i have done in the past and i cant donate till end of this coming summer =(

bmwong620

I would love to be admin! But I don't reach the requirements and can't make donates (cuz i don't reach the requirements).

Well then we're fucked. D:

And yea Juu I can't rly see u getting admin for a while considering your past.

JuuJuu

i know, but they wont take into consideration, giving a free admin out, just mute or sumthing to get rid of little mic spammers ezier, thats what happens most when admins arent on that i have noticed, if a admin isnt on they think they can get away with it

ZM has a provisional admin type that is only $10/mo but no1 has taken advantage of it. But no, no1 gets it for free here as that isn't fair to the rest of us who pay.
    Last edited by Natalya; 12-22-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Thread Information