Default My In-Progress Map

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screenshot A: Self explanatory, this is also my "Super Secret Room". It may take a few a while to find it, but i'm sure it will be compromised sooner or later.

Screenshot B: This is a view of most of the map from the SSR. I'm trying to figure out how to make the glass "shoot through-able" for now its just walkthrough-able.

Screenshot C: This is a sorta overview from another angle other than the SSR.

Screenshot D: This is a shot of a very long firewall spot, but of course, this too can be countered with another secret.

Screenshot E: Shot of my "Normal but not so normal" room. It looks plain...till you try to get in and fail. With 3 Vending Machines inside as goodies.

Screenshot F: This is a shot of a T-"climb" spot with an extending firewall. I made sure it was at least four props high for those zombies that love to prop own our N/U n00bs.

Screenshot G: Another shot of the T-Climb spot.

Please keep in mind: This is a work in progress. No way am I near done. Perhaps a beta if Nat or Random want to try it out, I'd love to get this map on the server ASAP, but it's tough work as you mappers know. I was up the whole night last night though, so that made up for a while. I'm currently texturing the map and fixing problems with the secrets, lights, textures, blocks, etc. I would love any POSITIVE criticism, I know it's not an amazing work, but keep in mind this is my first map.

Thank you very much,
    Last edited by DoT; 03-07-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

looks good so far in my eyes but it's a eye sore till it has textures and props added

i would love to give it a quick run thou
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Added texture to the map, basic textures nothind fancy like random or nat's maps ;P
    Also added a few more spots. I'm getting in-game to test and take screens right now =]

P.S. Thanks Kami, I'll ask nat if she can run the beta as I think i'm done for now, I just need to fill in my spaces...WHITE TRUCKS FTW!? -_-\

Also - Does anyone know what I can use to make one BIG light for the big room, or must I add little spot lights EVERYWHERE ?

Thanks,

b0rt

Default great job

nice dot...4 props high lol, time to rack up kills

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

Textured fully, added a few spots. But still tryna figure out these lights -_-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, my beta is complete. Wanna try it out in the server so i can see it in multiplayer and so others can report anything I missed. Although I tested and fixed things like 20 times. So can someone get it up on the server for me? Just hit me up on steam/xfire.

Thanks,
    Last edited by DoT; 03-07-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Upload that shit here as an attachment u newb.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

Server Admin Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:11674747

Wish i could try the map myself Dot, but i won't be able to play for some time.

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

Quote Originally Posted by X-Storm View Post
    Wish i could try the map myself Dot, but i won't be able to play for some time.
    Sorry man, you may be back for the final ^_^

Natatay it's on fpsb, but i guess for you i can upload it here
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

Alright nat, I'm finished my v1...i think lol. Mind adding it for testing?
    Btw I changed the name and added a few things.
    Attached Files Attached Files

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:10488049

Hey Dot,

I know I'm not a mapper yet (haven't taken serious time to try yet)
    but i just ran thou your map and for the most part I LIKE WHAT I SEE ( you might just be our next famous mapper in the community)

But a few thing that could be changed in my option are :
    1.) Get rid of the 3 concrete pylons - you are just begging for Korean campers or do what random did on WTF HAXS and make it a instant death trap for anyone stupid enough to climb inside
    2.) I would cut down on the amount of vending machines in the open area unless ya want to go and play hide and go seek with Kami and Cancer (the ubber secret hiders of the group) and i would highly recommend making them none glitchable ( where ya can jump thou or into em)
    3.) I would put more shit in the back of that white van like boxes or couches or something one vending machine an't enough and maybe more vans or something in the map
    4.) The little sky floor or ceiling or whatever ya call it make it a little bigger and add more guns like on the desert fortress map one has
    5.) The open crate put some shit in it like 1 or 2 vending machines or a few couches
    6.) The metal texture thou out the map is nice but walking on it get on your nerves after awhile (at least me anyways) maybe like stone or pavement or concrete or something (really up to you) also maybe a few brick or stone buildings ( not sure if ya just used that texture for the time being or not )
    7.) The 2 crates stacked up between the concrete pylons and the money room area are a bit dark maybe more light in that area

Thats all i got as far as ideas but 2 questions
    1.) Whats the significance of the little green turtle on the ground ??
    2.) What's up with the 2 wire cages ? are they secrets? I am guessing yes

Also ya gotta show me all the secrets of the map i found 2 the one in the room with the 4 vending machines
    and the other one i.e
    ARISUS'S ROOM DUDE THAT WAS FUCKING CLASSIC I ALMOST FELL OUTTA MY CHAIR AND
    PISEED IN MY PANTS WHEN I SAW THAT SHIT
    NICE TOUCH ON THAT ONE

Like i said thou damn nice map for starting out although it does remind me just a little of Lila panics maps ( not sure if that's what you where going for or not)
    but ya hell of a nice map and hope it gets done soon so we can add it to our ZM server !!!

KAMI

Last edited by kamikaze_bad_ass; 03-10-2009 at 12:20 AM.
    [IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/badass4625/KamisSig.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Kamikaze%20Bad%20Ass%20%C3%97%C2%AA%2F%C3%8F%C2%8D/74.86.102.230:27015/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

Thread Information