Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Votemap

t3h camper Trained Monkey
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19397573

Angry Votemap

I have officially run out of patients with the votemap system. I am tired of leading by several weapons and people diliberately votemaping to a "better map". Even if the map is a popular map they want to change the map because they are so far behind that it has become too difficult for them to win. I have encountered situations where someone is on nade or knife level and other players are votemaping so they dont win, this has happened to me on several occasions. I believe that this problem can be fixed by say requiring 100% of all players to change a map(excluding those in spectate) or make a fixed time limit at like 3-5 minutes for a designated vote map time and after that the votemap should be unavailable. Please fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Cogbern

Banned Immigrant
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:30292496

signed

PeaceKeeper & Admin|AΦΩ| Kung Fu Master NoogyMan's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13921051

This is a major problem... this is even why GunGame lost the 'rtv' function because of idiotic people doing this.

What we should consider doing is getting rid of the votemap system as well, at least until players can be more respectful. Sadly this would cause some maps that players don't like to be played but they could use the variety anyways, Run-N-Gun 4 times in a row kinda seems pointless.

Hmm, this is also just a random, putting it out there thought, I've seen in other server that i've visited where they had some setup where the winner of the GunGame round got to pick from about a list of 5 or 6 maps what the nextmap will be. It was very effective because not only did it stop people from playing maps that the majority of players hate, it also cause players to strive to win so they would/could have the advantage of what map will they play on. Whats good about this is the map that the winner picked wouldn't appear on rotation (or the winner map selection) until a minimum of 6 maps being played between them. That to would help prevent playing the same map 4-5 times in a row.

Again that was just some random thought and suggestion.

Have a wonderful day and see you in the servers!
    Hey All I'm NoogyMan! You Only Wish You Were Me, But That's Understandable.....
    Alpha Phi Omega
    "National Service Fraternity"
    Pi Omicron Chapter
    Brother Name : Mister Deeds

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

well rtv was taken away because everyone kept voting for the same maps over and over again... but I think that putting a time limit on votemap is not exactly a great idea... for those that know, early morning when nobody is on and you join the server with just a couple and a bot or 2 then you decide you dont like the map well..... you would have to just suck it up and play it cause you wouldnt have the votemap option.... of course I do think you all are on the right track but I dont think that is a good solution..... maybe leave the votemap with no time limit but after 5 minutes the required votes jump to 100% something like that.
    as for the winner getting to pick the map... BAD NOOGY! we all know, that if freebase is playing it will be rare for anyone to get to choose a map...
    Another Idea that would help out with this a lot!
    Add a votemap at the end of the map.... like when someone gets their nade kill..... this way you can have a choice of what map your going to next.. and if you dont like your choices from that you can votemap from there.
    I never saw this go on when I was playing.... but I guess in the last couple weeks since I stopped playing people have started being dicks....

just my opinion here... hope it still counts for something...

Inactive

Thumbs up

Everything cogbern says I agree on, people on gungame are sometimes jerks. But I think that having 100% required for all players to votemap is kinda steep. This is NoobUnlimited, therefore we're going to come across players that have just bought the game and still have their name titled "unamed". If these people are so new that they cant even pick or change their name what makes you think that they would know how to votemap to change a map? I think the best percentage for players to change a map would be around 90%. Does anyone know what the percentage it used to be?

HlStats

Thats right this is n00bunlimited, and here at n/u we help to teach those "unnamed" to learn how to votemap and to even change their name.

Smurf you are right completely forgot FreetheFreakingBase wins all the time (of course only when i'm not playing against him!) But ehh just a random thought i had.
    Alpha Phi Omega
    Pi Omicron Chapter

Inactive

Admins aren't always going to be in game to teach new people how to votemap whenever we want a map change, thats why the percentage should be changed to 90% max.

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Quote Originally Posted by ninja View Post
    Admins aren't always going to be in game to teach new people how to votemap whenever we want a map change, thats why the percentage should be changed to 90% max.
    Thats why our kind and friendly regs are going to do it when admins arent on right

HlStats

Hell, you didn't just type that..... anyone that can type votemap and knows what it does; Admin, Reg, cousin from out of state that just got on his cousins computer, heck even DOT, can teach someone how to votemap not rocket science.

I didn't say anything about the % of votes needed, I think 90% would be just fine. That is a great idea.
    Alpha Phi Omega
    Pi Omicron Chapter

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

Quote Originally Posted by NoogyMan View Post
    heck even DOT, can teach someone how to votemap
    I are rocket scientist!

Thread Information