Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Either take it off or fix it.

defc0n

Default Either take it off or fix it.

Propspawn. I hear so many admins complaining of getting barreled, but has anything even been done about it? No. Either take the barrel off the list, take propspawn off completely, or stop complaining. I don't see it in the rules that using a barrel to get a human is wrong, so no one should even be banned for it.

Just my .02.

EDIT: And besides, if you use the barrel on a cade and it gets the human, so what? You put a mod on the server that has a major glitch. It seems really stupid to keep a mod, have no rule about using it, and then banning someone because someone doesn't like it.

wInDuufM

Im going to have to agree with him. This stupid exploding barrel crap really gets annoying since they can make zombies get humans so much easier. I would say to either take it off the list, or at least make it like 8 credits to stop people from using them easily. Its really getting people angry because of the way the zombies use it beside destroying cades.

HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16633048

I am curious.

I really have no freaking idea what you are talking about.

Will any of you care to explain?
    easy target: i am going to make some pasties.
    Wolfeh: =))?
    easy target: lol
    easy target: pasta
    easy target: not pasties.
    Wolfeh: Wow. Nice typo.

Emmisary of C'thulhu Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:12699834

Certainly, Wolfeh

The Propspawn is a plug-in for CSS, specifically Zombie mod. It allows the user to spawn props useful for barricade creation or trapping people.

The Explosive Barrel is one of these items. When stabbed by a zombie the CSS/hl2 engine recognized it as that zombie's prop. Zombie Mod recognized that any damage done to a human by a Zombie will turn that human/humans into zombies. The Explosive Barrel also has a splash damage effect, like an explosion. It damages everything/everyone in a certain radius. If a human is hit by this blast they are instantly transformed into a zombie, because the game has recognized the barrel being hit by a zombie thus making the barrel his/hers and any damage caused by the blast to be his/hers aswell.
    People using elaborate barricades that involve a wall or firewall close to an entrance are susceptible to these "Explosive Barrels". Thus the act of using this method on someone has now gotten the name "Barrel Rolled".

In a nutshell: Explosions from barrels are an insult to a well designed barricade/ skillful player.

Solutions mention/schemed:
    1)Raise price to 8 credits(Propspawn currency obtained by kills, round start, respawn.)

Because 8 is the maximum credits allowed at a time.
    2)Remove the Explosive Barrel from the menu completely.
    This solution is both bad and good. In one way it eliminates the barrel's abuse. And in another way cannot be used to kill tubers/illegal spot users. And require immediate Admin attention.

3) Edit the barrels script to ignore damage to humans.
    Every item should have a code telling what it does. Damage, how much force to move, breakable. ect...

I hope this helps.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/tinosku][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/1/tinosku.png[/img][/url]
    [color=indigo]"One death is a tragedy, a million is just a statistic." [/color]
    [IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/J_T_Squirrel/serenity-fruity-oaty-bar.jpg[/IMG]

Jackbauer

when nat comes back ile talk to her about it. I have no problem with people using it against the humans. But like you said it dose have its good and bad uses.

bobtom

dont complain def u use it sometimes too and its alrdy been increased in price once why do it again? cus its cheap? humans can get to so many cheap spots its not funny or fun

HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16633048

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer

I hope this helps.
    It does. Thank you. I honestly had no idea what you guys were talking about. Lmfao.

I still haven't seen this in action so I really can't throw my 2 cents in.
    easy target: i am going to make some pasties.
    Wolfeh: =))?
    easy target: lol
    easy target: pasta
    easy target: not pasties.
    Wolfeh: Wow. Nice typo.

defc0n

Quote Originally Posted by bobtom
    dont complain def u use it sometimes too and its alrdy been increased in price once why do it again? cus its cheap? humans can get to so many cheap spots its not funny or fun
    Only thing I'm complaining about is admins banning/kicking players because they use this. Yeah I use the barrel, but sparingly. The other day I was on the EDGE of a roof and waldo just drops one on me. Yeah it sucks being barreled (and it's fun to barrel people), but it doesn't matter because the admins haven't done anything except increase the price.

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

When I get back home in a few days I can look at taking it off. Until then, deal. ;/
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

bobtom

most of the times its a last resort for people to use but admins banning when they use sometimes isnt cool

Thread Information